Changes to improve the league

Blue Maverick

i was watching the egg chasing the other day and they had an interesting rule that if you scored 4 or more tries you got a bonus point and if you were within 7 of the winning score the losing team got a point. Football as always lags behind VAR etc but it would make for a more interesting league at both ends and attacking football even for the relegation teams. They could have teams who win with 4 or more goals get an extra point and losing teams who score 2 or more get a point. It would certainly mean teams not sitting back even if getting hammered or teams winning pushing for that extra point.

no need for all that just get the refs to apply the laws of the game ie time wasting goalkeepers pissing about on goal kicks, drink clean boots set up short nope ill kick it long another drink , and now head injuries if break on down goes a player holding his head the trainer should just run on game continues as in rugby

0-0 = 1 point
Score draw = 2 points
Win = 4 points
Win by 3 or more clear goals = 5 points

That will sort the men from the boys and will make 'point tally scenario predictions' a university degree course. ;-)
0-0 - 0 points
Everything else, stays as now.

Call me old fashioned but I like it as it is.
old fashioned? and you like it as it is now? With this fancy-dan 3 points for a win!!
2 points for a win and proper goal average - so nobody knew who won the league unless you had a pen and paper to work out the fractions

the last change was from 2 points to 3 and the draw stayed the same and looking back nobody has benefited from the change and the team that wins the most games win the league and the teams that don't win get relegated

i was watching the egg chasing the other day and they had an interesting rule that if you scored 4 or more tries you got a bonus point and if you were within 7 of the winning score the losing team got a point. Football as always lags behind VAR etc but it would make for a more interesting league at both ends and attacking football even for the relegation teams. They could have teams who win with 4 or more goals get an extra point and losing teams who score 2 or more get a point. It would certainly mean teams not sitting back even if getting hammered or teams winning pushing for that extra point.

Uefa would adopt that rule but only halfway through competition if the Dippers scored a shed load against Le Lion d'Or FC. If we battered Barca 8-1 but the Catalans were only seven adrift they'd get a point - all done retrospectively.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.