Charging kids board

I used to pay 150 quid a month 15 years ago and I got paid fuck all at the time. There's a fine balance though between charging enough so that he's contributing, and not charging too much that he'll never save up enough to move out.

I used to pay 150 quid a month 15 years ago and I got paid fuck all at the time. There's a fine balance though between charging enough so that he's contributing, and not charging too much that he'll never save up enough to move out.
That’s the thing he saving £200 p/m where the government put in the same for first time buyers and he’s as tight as they come before lockdown it was like going out with T Rex for a pint

If I remember rightly my uni rent was between £85 - 105 per week depending on the year. Think I had to pay similar to your £200 figure for the short period I was back home post-graduation.

Seems fair. If he doesn’t like it you can always pull together a few links to flat shares in the local area for him to gauge the price. It’ll be an eye opener (or he’ll bite the bullet and go for one, winner winner).

So how much should you and do you charge them for the privilege . Stepson is an apprentice electrician and since he started work me and Mrs Pabs have charged him £60 p/m after new year he got a substantial rise, with this in mind his rent has now gone upto £200 p/m . We told him the good news tonight and he’s took it like there’s been a death in the family. For this he gets a nice comfy bed , hot meal served nightly, washing and ironing , internet ( his bedroom looks like showcase cinema ) , packed lunches and numerous other sundries plus he does jack shit round the house, are we being unreasonable to what we charge him

I was paying my parents £200 pcm.....back in 1988-94.

I'd also help my mum with the shopping and cut the grass for my dad

So my Mum charged me a % of my take home from memory it was 35%... Odd figure but wjan as a first year apprentice on, £25 a week... Seemed a huge amount then.. But it did teach me some good budget skills.. I charged my step son 30%... He complained.. But I did his washing he did his ironing I made sure hot meals and lunches always ready.. When he moved out.. He was struck at prices of rent.. WiFi TV sky bills in general... Stopped complaining soon. And also got a bit of cash saved in a jar to start him off ( I called it his tax... Helped him out huge...

So how much should you and do you charge them for the privilege . Stepson is an apprentice electrician and since he started work me and Mrs Pabs have charged him £60 p/m after new year he got a substantial rise, with this in mind his rent has now gone upto £200 p/m . We told him the good news tonight and he’s took it like there’s been a death in the family. For this he gets a nice comfy bed , hot meal served nightly, washing and ironing , internet ( his bedroom looks like showcase cinema ) , packed lunches and numerous other sundries plus he does jack shit round the house, are we being unreasonable to what we charge him
You are absolutely in the right mate but how much is bringing home a month?

Parents used to charge me but then proceeded to say they had been "saving" it for me and gave it all back when I went to buy my first house many moons ago.

Charge him the £60 and save the £140 for him, obviously only if your budget allows, when he does move out you can give him a fair chunk of change to help him too.

So my Mum charged me a % of my take home from memory it was 35%... Odd figure but wjan as a first year apprentice on, £25 a week... Seemed a huge amount then.. But it did teach me some good budget skills.. I charged my step son 30%... He complained.. But I did his washing he did his ironing I made sure hot meals and lunches always ready.. When he moved out.. He was struck at prices of rent.. WiFi TV sky bills in general... Stopped complaining soon. And also got a bit of cash saved in a jar to start him off ( I called it his tax... Helped him out huge...
I think that is the crux of the issue.
To the OP make a list of how much gas / lecky is
How much the weekly / monthly shop
The Wi-Fi
TV fee and other Sky / BT / Netflix if applicable
Home insurance
Mortgage or rent if applicable.

Then divide by 3 adults (if only you , him and his mum) and then ask him if he wants to pay 33.3% of the total or £200 a month!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.