Charging kids board

You are absolutely in the right mate but how much is bringing home a month?
He doesn’t disclose much but his mother says about £1100 , he pays for his car and phone puts a few quid away, he doesn’t drink much so he’s doing ok

Just remembered my parents charged me something after i left school and worked for six months or so waiting for my nursing course to start , when they took me to my new home they gave it all back to me , they saved it all for me to help me get started

Glad this made me recall that

So how much should you and do you charge them for the privilege . Stepson is an apprentice electrician and since he started work me and Mrs Pabs have charged him £60 p/m after new year he got a substantial rise, with this in mind his rent has now gone upto £200 p/m . We told him the good news tonight and he’s took it like there’s been a death in the family. For this he gets a nice comfy bed , hot meal served nightly, washing and ironing , internet ( his bedroom looks like showcase cinema ) , packed lunches and numerous other sundries plus he does jack shit round the house, are we being unreasonable to what we charge him

The wife charged ours £40 a week, two not so keen but one just stumped up weekly via direct debit.

The best was the daughter who for her £40 got a shit ton more special needs requirements bought in the shopping.

I don't usually get involved but the screaming rows every week had started to piss me off, so I said what do you think was a fair price and she said £25 for the room/elec/internet and she would buy her own fucking food, I said are you absolutely sure, there will be no turning back from this decision, yes she said.

I then presented her with a list of stuff that we bought only for her needs, that came to £40 a week, so if she was to live like she had been living it would now be costing her £65, a lot of spluttering but she made her bed and indeed laid in it sulking for about 6 months before moving out.

The other boy paid but it was always grudgingly and he also moved out and the last to leave was the one that made no fuss at all.

Just remembered my parents charged me something after i left school and worked for six months or so waiting for my nursing course to start , when they took me to my new home they gave it all back to me , they saved it all for me to help me get started

Glad this made me recall that
Spoiled cow :)

I think that is the crux of the issue.
To the OP make a list of how much gas / lecky is
How much the weekly / monthly shop
The Wi-Fi
TV fee and other Sky / BT / Netflix if applicable
Home insurance
Mortgage or rent if applicable.

Then divide by 3 adults (if only you , him and his mum) and then ask him if he wants to pay 33.3% of the total or £200 a month!
At this point it was only me him and the dog as we had lost his Mum.. But I taught him to be efficient in his finance skills.... WiFi TV all this shit needs to be factored in.. I once had a Red mate who lived with his parents till he was 40 and paid£15 A WEEK... I figure all food sky power telephone back in the day... They even made him a pack lunch.. Cooked breakfast and get this... Even knotted his work tie and hung it in his bedroom door for the next day... You need to teach your kids something... Eventually they had to get a lawyer / soliciter to move him out... He was always first out the taxi and last into the bar.... Short arms long pockets...

Screenshot_20210216-202801.png
Had £15 snatched from £45 (45 hour week) in 1980. Still got the bruise on my bottom lip to prove it.
Although in actual fact you're not far off that mark now.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.