Ched Evans - serious injury

I agree he should be allowed to play.
I also think people have the right to be unhappy about it.

BigOscar said:
foxy said:
There's a lot bafoons and silly bints demonising Evans even further by jumping on their high horse and reaching for Facebook and twitter to share their disgust. So much for him serving his time... The lad should be allowed to play and nobody should be criticised for allowing him to whether that's Brian Clough or the owners at Sheffield United.
If Brian Clough is calling the shots then I think there are more serious questions that need to be asked!

Wooops, looks like I've been at the shots!

Just because someone has been "convicted" of a crime, it does not necessarily mean they perpetrated the crime they have been convicted of.

History is littered with miscarriages of justice.

The only people who REALLY know the truth are Evans and the "victim"..not anyone pontificating on Bluemoon.

Even if he was innocent, he will be tarred with the rapist tag for years to come.

Gordon Taylor and Adrian Durham just had a set to over Ched on talkshite, Taylor slammed the phone down at the end!

Guilty or Innocent, served his time and should be free to earn a living.
Football is morally bankrupt so I don't know what all the fuss is about.

blue underpants said:
Gordon Taylor and Adrian Durham just had a set to over Ched on talkshite, Taylor slammed the phone down at the end!
I think there's more of a case for banning Durham from working on radio than there is for banning Evans from playing football. Maybe we should get a petition going.

ColinBellsjockstrap said:
Just because someone has been "convicted" of a crime, it does not necessarily mean they perpetrated the crime they have been convicted of.

The only people who REALLY know the truth are Evans and the "victim"..not anyone pontificating on Bluemoon.

Even if he was innocent, he will be tarred with the rapist tag for years to come.
Actually, even the victim has no idea what happened, as she was too drunk to remember. It seems to be his word against random guessing of what might of happened, which seems odd. There must be more to the case that people are not being told, as otherwise it's staggering that he was sent to jail and that his appeals weren't succesful. I've known plenty of women who have been genuinely date raped, who couldn't get the rapist sent down because of how hard it is to prove these things, so for him to be sent down for what he is alleged to have done, there must be more too it.

With the amount of people who get away with rape and the anger that that causes, it's not at all surprising the amount of backlash towards Evans, but he is being unfairly burdened with the crimes of others, rather than just his own. He is the scapegoat, the poster boy for men who take advantage of women, so he's recieving all the hate for all the hurt that these people cause. He is by no means innocent though, as at best he's a pretty scummy man who takes advantage of drunk women, but there is no reason at all why he shouldn't be allowed to play football again, but these groups are going to make it incredibly tough for him. He'll manage though, as even Marlon King continued to get football clubs, despite being a far worse human being and a far worse footballer.

Lancet Fluke said:
blue underpants said:
I think there's more of a case for banning Durham from working on radio than there is for banning Evans from playing football. Maybe we should get a petition going.
Don't think talkshite will be allowed to get through to the PFA again after that set to, Taylor will see to that

BigOscar said:
ColinBellsjockstrap said:

Actually, even the victim has no idea what happened, as she was too drunk to remember. It seems to be his word against random guessing of what might of happened, which seems odd. There must be more to the case that people are not being told, as otherwise it's staggering that he was sent to jail and that his appeals weren't succesful. I've known plenty of women who have been genuinely date raped, who couldn't get the rapist sent down because of how hard it is to prove these things, so for him to be sent down for what he is alleged to have done, there must be more too it.

With the amount of people who get away with rape and the anger that that causes, it's not at all surprising the amount of backlash towards Evans, but he is being unfairly burdened with the crimes of others, rather than just his own. He is the scapegoat, the poster boy for men who take advantage of women, so he's recieving all the hate for all the hurt that these people cause. He is by no means innocent though, as at best he's a pretty scummy man who takes advantage of drunk women, but there is no reason at all why he shouldn't be allowed to play football again, but these groups are going to make it incredibly tough for him. He'll manage though, as even Marlon King continued to get football clubs, despite being a far worse human being and a far worse footballer.

Exactly my take on the situation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.