Ched Evans - serious injury

Lancet Fluke said:
I'm sure this will have been posted on here previously but I haven't seen it before. Some interesting stuff on it.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.chedevans.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.chedevans.com/</a>
Id put a lot more stock by it if the website was called <a class="postlink" href="http://www.impartialexaminerofevidenceandfacts.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.impartialexaminerofevidenceandfacts.com</a>.

Lancet Fluke said:
Am I the only person who feels a bit uncomfortable about the Ched Evans conviction? I know I wasn't in court and didn't hear every scrap of evidence so I'm not making any assertions as such but from the things I read it really did seem like there was at the very least reasonable doubt and I was genuinely shocked when he was found guilty. Do I need to get my tin hat?

I agree.

Seems strange that 5 minutes after Clayton Macdonald left, she suddenly became too drunk to consent despite having no more alcohol. Maybe strange isn't the word - more like inconceivable. The very idea of someone losing their memory after spending one night drinking alcopops is fucking insane to me. And if she couldn't remember anything, it can't have been traumatic enough to warrant 5 years in prison - much longer than the time you'd serve for beating someone's skull so hard that they'd lose their memory of the night before and longer than killing someone in most instances of manslaughter or death by dangerous driving. In fact, despite getting absolutely hammered every weekend since I was about 15 years old, I have never been in a position where I have had zero recollection of the night before. I have had my stomach pumped, I have been throwing up till about 10 o clock the night after, but never have I lost my memory as soon as I enter the house of a person from the opposite sex which I have agreed to go back to. Even more inexplicable are the cases where the woman loses her memory but for a short period, wakes up during the 'assault', being able to recall what went on for that split second, before once again losing consciousness.

Also, there's no doubt when she got back to that hotel room, the pizza that she had would have been her favourite one with all her favourite toppings, having been to all of her favourite clubs and drank all her favourite drinks, but as soon as she walks into the room, her capacity to choose will have suddenly disappeared. But not for Ched Evans and Clayton Macdonald because men are supposed to be able to handle alcohol...

The fact is - no one knows what went on in that room apart from those involved. But 12 people have thought that they know enough to lock up him up for 5 years for doing something that would have been legal had he done it 5 minutes earlier. If he had sex with her when she was unconscious then he should be locked up (but nothing close to 5 years), but I just cannot get close to understanding how the jury could be certain that she had lost consciousness to such an extent that they were prepared to ruin a 22 year old man's life for it.

urmston said:
argyle said:
What is more disappointing is the ease by which posters on here say yes that a rapist can play again.

He can play again.

That's a fact.

Facts are sometimes disappointing.

Doesn't mean they aren't facts.

Fact is he is a fucking rapist. A fact seemingly inconsequential to many on here. Any club that signs him up is a disgrace.

Fame Monster said:
Just because he was convicted of rape doesn't mean he actually did it.

Looking at some of the facts of the case, it looks like the jury guessed that he was guilty.

Only Ched Evans and the girl who made the complaint know whether or not she was too drunk to consent, but it always seems to be the woman that loses their memory after a night out and never the man.

He was convicted and even lost his appeal. You've even hinted at blaming the woman.

Every prisoner in this country, once they have done their time, is allowed out and expected to get on with their lives. They are suposed to have been rehabilitated.

Why is he different just because he's a footballer?

trunky said:
Every prisoner in this country, once they have done their time, is allowed out and expected to get on with their lives. They are suposed to have been rehabilitated.

If he wasn't a footballer and an ex-city player at that, would you be so eager to forgive?

argyle said:
trunky said:

If he wasn't a footballer and an ex-city player at that, would you be so eager to forgive?

Time done, out he comes. It's the law. Harsh on the woman he raped, and he was convicted so in the eyes of the law he raped her, but that's the law. If any club wants to take him on, then so be it.

Being a footballer or an ex-City player has nothing to do with my thoughts about this.

mackenzie said:
Of course he should be allowed to play again

Of course he should.

If he was a plumber would he be stopped from plumbing?

The lad did wrong, he served his time, im sure he has learnt dont do it again. The girl who he raped so him do punishment for his crime.

I find it fucking mindless that people judge others so harshly usually with little knowledge and often with no concept of the action they take. But thats the modern way.

trunky said:
argyle said:
trunky said:

Time done, out he comes. It's the law. Harsh on the woman he raped, and he was convicted so in the eyes of the law he raped her, but that's the law. If any club wants to take him on, then so be it.

Being a footballer or an ex-City player has nothing to do with my thoughts about this.

I'd say it was bit more than harsh on the woman.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.