Ched Evans - serious injury

Rascal said:
mackenzie said:
Of course he should be allowed to play again

Of course he should.

If he was a plumber would he be stopped from plumbing?

The lad did wrong, he served his time, im sure he has learnt dont do it again. The girl who he raped so him do punishment for his crime.

I find it fucking mindless that people judge others so harshly usually with little knowledge and often with no concept of the action they take. But thats the modern way.

Yes he would. There will be a number of jobs he wouldn't be able to do. A job going into other peoples houses where lone women might be would be one of them.

argyle said:
trunky said:
argyle said:
If he wasn't a footballer and an ex-city player at that, would you be so eager to forgive?

Time done, out he comes. It's the law. Harsh on the woman he raped, and he was convicted so in the eyes of the law he raped her, but that's the law. If any club wants to take him on, then so be it.

Being a footballer or an ex-City player has nothing to do with my thoughts about this.

I'd say it was bit more than harsh on the woman.

Maybe so. But without the full facts it's hard to judge isn't it? In the eyes of the law he was found guilty, served his time, and is now free to ply any trade he wishes.

argyle said:
Fame Monster said:
Just because he was convicted of rape doesn't mean he actually did it.

Looking at some of the facts of the case, it looks like the jury guessed that he was guilty.

Only Ched Evans and the girl who made the complaint know whether or not she was too drunk to consent, but it always seems to be the woman that loses their memory after a night out and never the man.

He was convicted and even lost his appeal. You've even hinted at blaming the woman.

You seem to know everything but you wasn't there nor was I. You weren't on the jury by any chance was you?

Rascal said:
mackenzie said:

Of course he should.

The lad did wrong, he served his time, im sure he has learnt dont do it again. The girl who he raped so him do punishment for his crime.

I find it fucking mindless that people judge others so harshly usually with little knowledge and often with no concept of the action they take. But thats the modern way.

He's a convicted rapist Russ, what's to judge ?

The 3rd sentence of your post makes me uncomfortable. He didn't steal a loaf from Tesco's, he raped someone.

If a football club employ him, I'll be disappointed and surprised but that's up to them.

Fame Monster said:
argyle said:
Fame Monster said:
Just because he was convicted of rape doesn't mean he actually did it.

Looking at some of the facts of the case, it looks like the jury guessed that he was guilty.

Only Ched Evans and the girl who made the complaint know whether or not she was too drunk to consent, but it always seems to be the woman that loses their memory after a night out and never the man.

He was convicted and even lost his appeal. You've even hinted at blaming the woman.

You seem to know everything but you wasn't there nor was I. You weren't on the jury by any chance was you?

He was convicted and when his case was looked at again he lost his appeal.

I really don't get the apologists on this thread and those hinting that "yeah he was convicted of having raped someone but that doesn't mean he's guilty."

Do I have to be in the courtroom before I can trust that the courts of this country got the decision right?

argyle said:
Fame Monster said:
argyle said:

I really don't get the apologists on this thread and those hinting that "yeah he was convicted of having raped someone but that doesn't mean he's guilty."

Do I have to be in the courtroom before I can trust that the courts of this country got the decision right?

Whether the case against him was right or wrong, he has served his time.

argyle said:
Fame Monster said:
argyle said:

The appeal was on a point of law, not fact. In this country, judges do not substitute the opinion of the jury for their own. Do not give any weight to that because the judge may well have thought Ched Evans to be innocent, but that was not the question he was asked to decide upon.

As to whether or not you need to apply critical reasoning to the decisions taken by the courts, then you probably don't 'need' to, but I would say that's it absolutely fundamental to the functioning of any democracy, and if that is the type of political system you wish to live in, I would say that you should probably give it a go.

mackenzie said:
argyle said:
Fame Monster said:

Some of his time, he will be out on licence.

He can get on with his life but I'd be very surprised if any football club that has anything about them will sign him up.

argyle said:
Rascal said:
mackenzie said:

Of course he should.

Yes he would. There will be a number of jobs he wouldn't be able to do. A job going into other peoples houses where lone women might be would be one of them.

Oh? Under what legislation? A plumbing contractor may not wish to employ somebody with this sort of conviction, but there's nothing to say they could not do the job if their employer did not know, did not care, or if he was self employed.

argyle said:
mackenzie said:
argyle said:

Some of his time, he will be out on licence.

He can get on with his life but I'd be very surprised if any football club that has anything about them will sign him up.

Of course football clubs will sign him.

Football people know that chances are he has been stitched up, red top readers will be outraged.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.