Ched Evans - serious injury

argyle said:
Lucky Toma said:
Yup without a doubt.

He committed a crime and was duly punished for it.

Placing restrictions on him making a living once he has served his sentence only punishes him twice.

Go cheer him on and chant his name at what club he signs for then.

Don't be so fucking facetious. He was only saying that once his sentence has been served Evans has as much right as any other convicted criminal to seek employment and like it or not, that's the law of the land. He didn't say anything about chanting his name from the rooftops.

Kippax Street 1880 said:
Fame Monster said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Am I the only person who feels a bit uncomfortable about the Ched Evans conviction? I know I wasn't in court and didn't hear every scrap of evidence so I'm not making any assertions as such but from the things I read it really did seem like there was at the very least reasonable doubt and I was genuinely shocked when he was found guilty. Do I need to get my tin hat?

I agree.

Seems strange that 5 minutes after Clayton Macdonald left, she suddenly became too drunk to consent despite having no more alcohol. Maybe strange isn't the word - more like inconceivable. The very idea of someone losing their memory after spending one night drinking alcopops is fucking insane to me. And if she couldn't remember anything, it can't have been traumatic enough to warrant 5 years in prison - much longer than the time you'd serve for beating someone's skull so hard that they'd lose their memory of the night before and longer than killing someone in most instances of manslaughter or death by dangerous driving. In fact, despite getting absolutely hammered every weekend since I was about 15 years old, I have never been in a position where I have had zero recollection of the night before. I have had my stomach pumped, I have been throwing up till about 10 o clock the night after, but never have I lost my memory as soon as I enter the house of a person from the opposite sex which I have agreed to go back to. Even more inexplicable are the cases where the woman loses her memory but for a short period, wakes up during the 'assault', being able to recall what went on for that split second, before once again losing consciousness.

Also, there's no doubt when she got back to that hotel room, the pizza that she had would have been her favourite one with all her favourite toppings, having been to all of her favourite clubs and drank all her favourite drinks, but as soon as she walks into the room, her capacity to choose will have suddenly disappeared. But not for Ched Evans and Clayton Macdonald because men are supposed to be able to handle alcohol...

The fact is - no one knows what went on in that room apart from those involved. But 12 people have thought that they know enough to lock up him up for 5 years for doing something that would have been legal had he done it 5 minutes earlier. If he had sex with her when she was unconscious then he should be locked up (but nothing close to 5 years), but I just cannot get close to understanding how the jury could be certain that she had lost consciousness to such an extent that they were prepared to ruin a 22 year old man's life for it.

One million % this

So you agree with him that having sex with someone whilst they are unconscious should warrant a five year prison sentence ? I like to think that a person should have a say in who she has sex with and just because she chooses to sleep with a guy does not mean all his mates can jump on and have a go !! I think she demonstrated poor judgement when she chose to meet up with this pair of knuckle dragging morons but we all make mistakes, especially when choosing who we put our faith in. shame he didn't get 10 years but I guess the judge has to stick with the guidelines and recommended tariffs

bobmcfc said:
Kippax Street 1880 said:
Fame Monster said:
I agree.

Seems strange that 5 minutes after Clayton Macdonald left, she suddenly became too drunk to consent despite having no more alcohol. Maybe strange isn't the word - more like inconceivable. The very idea of someone losing their memory after spending one night drinking alcopops is fucking insane to me. And if she couldn't remember anything, it can't have been traumatic enough to warrant 5 years in prison - much longer than the time you'd serve for beating someone's skull so hard that they'd lose their memory of the night before and longer than killing someone in most instances of manslaughter or death by dangerous driving. In fact, despite getting absolutely hammered every weekend since I was about 15 years old, I have never been in a position where I have had zero recollection of the night before. I have had my stomach pumped, I have been throwing up till about 10 o clock the night after, but never have I lost my memory as soon as I enter the house of a person from the opposite sex which I have agreed to go back to. Even more inexplicable are the cases where the woman loses her memory but for a short period, wakes up during the 'assault', being able to recall what went on for that split second, before once again losing consciousness.

Also, there's no doubt when she got back to that hotel room, the pizza that she had would have been her favourite one with all her favourite toppings, having been to all of her favourite clubs and drank all her favourite drinks, but as soon as she walks into the room, her capacity to choose will have suddenly disappeared. But not for Ched Evans and Clayton Macdonald because men are supposed to be able to handle alcohol...

The fact is - no one knows what went on in that room apart from those involved. But 12 people have thought that they know enough to lock up him up for 5 years for doing something that would have been legal had he done it 5 minutes earlier. If he had sex with her when she was unconscious then he should be locked up (but nothing close to 5 years), but I just cannot get close to understanding how the jury could be certain that she had lost consciousness to such an extent that they were prepared to ruin a 22 year old man's life for it.

One million % this

So you agree with him that having sex with someone whilst they are unconscious should warrant a five year prison sentence ? I like to think that a person should have a say in who she has sex with and just because she chooses to sleep with a guy does not mean all his mates can jump on and have a go !! I think she demonstrated poor judgement when she chose to meet up with this pair of knuckle dragging morons but we all make mistakes, especially when choosing who we put our faith in. shame he didn't get 10 years but I guess the judge has to stick with the guidelines and recommended tariffs

If she was unconscious when he fucked her then that is terrible. My issue is that it always sounded like there was reasonable doubt in terms of whether she was or not and I don't believe our legal system is infallible.

M18CTID said:
argyle said:
Lucky Toma said:
Yup without a doubt.

He committed a crime and was duly punished for it.

Placing restrictions on him making a living once he has served his sentence only punishes him twice.

Go cheer him on and chant his name at what club he signs for then.

Don't be so fucking facetious. He was only saying that once his sentence has been served Evans has as much right as any other convicted criminal to seek employment and like it or not, that's the law of the land. He didn't say anything about chanting his name from the rooftops.

It's a football forum, every other post is facetious.

I just don't get why many on here are quick to forgive a fucking rapist like he just robbed a loaf of bread.

Lancet Fluke said:
bobmcfc said:
Kippax Street 1880 said:
One million % this

If she was unconscious when he fucked her then that is terrible. My issue is that it always sounded like there was reasonable doubt in terms of whether she was or not and I don't believe our legal system is infallible.

It isn't infallible, that's why there is the appeals court...and he lost in the appeals court.

of course he should. if a plumber serves the same sentence for the same crime he'd go back to work.

there is still a doubt over this conviction anyway isn't there?

argyle said:
Lancet Fluke said:
bobmcfc said:

It isn't infallible, that's why there is the appeals court...and he lost in the appeals court.

So the appeals courts are infallible then? Ok, if you think so.

Lancet Fluke said:
bobmcfc said:
Kippax Street 1880 said:
One million % this

Exactly. I don't see anyone condoning taking advantage of someone who is comatose. If she was then the conviction was correct but as you say there doesn't seem to be enough evidence to prove for certain that was the case. When there's alcohol involved amongst all parties the facts can end up becoming blurred and for that reason alone, I'm surprised he was convicted especially when you consider that only around 5% of rapes result in a conviction and other people have undoubtedly walked free with more concrete evidence against them than in this case.

Lancet Fluke said:
argyle said:
Lancet Fluke said:

Fine, you think he's innocent. Until they actually produce evidence that he didn't sleep with an unconscious woman and I'll stick with the judgement of the jury and the appeals court.

argyle said:
Lancet Fluke said:
argyle said:

Fine, you think he's innocent. Until they actually produce evidence that he didn't sleep with an unconscious woman and I'll stick with the judgement of the jury and the appeals court.

When did I say that I think he is innocent?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.