Cheers Stevie

Stephen, I remember your first ever touch at City during the dreadful era of Stuart Pearce. I will never forget that during the dullest football I have ever witnessed, one or two touches of yours made the agony somewhat slightly bearable. You weren't even at your best during that time, however you were head and shoulders above everyone else. Vision, one touch, class. Villa have one hell of a talent if you manage to settle down and enjoy playing football again.

Truly gutted it didn't work out for you at City, Stevie. You deserved better and it broke my heart to see you pushed out so heartlessly. Aside from the footballing aspect of the affair (which I think the club have got wrong) the way they treated you, at the end, was inexcusable and really leaves a sour taste.

Can honestly say I've not felt so disturbed by a transfer out ever before.

But that's all too negative. Thanks for your efforts, your brilliant goals, assists, lungbursting off the ball runs, vision, tackling and determination. Not sure what my favourite memory is-your performance at OT under Sven? Your volley at Preston in the cup? Your goal away at Hamburg? Probably the Superman goal against Sunderland which showed your qualities and also the, ahem, "zanier" side of your personality...I loved watching you play for City and I'll be looking to watch Villa as much as possible. You, Petrov and Young will do great things together I'm sure.

I hope you aren't too bitter about the club, though I'd understand if you were.

Just hope he doesn`t slag the club off when he goes (whatever his feelings are). He can leave with his head high and come back to a true heroes reception that he deserves. Dunnie and Bellamy have managed to say good things even though they must feel bitter, and it would be nice if Superman does the same.

Good luck stevie, you ARE a great talent and im sure that at villa you will once again find your form, Im gutted that you wernt given a nother season to prove all the doubters wrong. You were a breath of fresh air when you arrived into the team and during that pearce era it was great to see someone like you.

I hoped you would be hear for years and you never know......you coiuld be back

Shame he's going.
If there was one player I thought might play his whole football career at city it was him. I know he said he wanted to.

Good luck at Villa.

Speaking of Villa. Does anyone know how to change profile pictures on Wiki? Just looked at Gareth Barry's page and the picture is of him in a Villa kit.

Sad to see him go but I think its in the best interest of both Ireland and the club.

I've done a piece on him in my blog if anyone wants to check it out...

<a class="postlink" href="http://bluemoonmcfc.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bluemoonmcfc.wordpress.com/</a>

I think if most fans had their way you and dunne would still be here! Villa are a good team with good players I am sure you will play every week and have a great time.......... just not to good eh, ;-)

good luck super man.

A lot of posters in another thread were very critical of him seeking a payout. That I don't understand, he's being sent to another club where he'll have to take a paycut due to their wage structure. He still has a contract with City, so any decent agent of a player would seek a settlement for the difference.

Sorry to see him go. Good luck to you Stevie.

Good luck at Villa Stephen, hope it all turns out well for you, I'm sorry to see you go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.