Cheesman Sticking the Knife In

Have a listen to this squirty from about 23.15
Balotelli playing like an amateur
And difficult to believe we are in the same league as the rags.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/listen-again/episode/94808" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/listen ... sode/94808</a>

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Maybe it is just me but if anyone absolutely anyone has an opinion about a player that isn't positive then it is like you have the plague and are somewhat a lesser blue than the next fan.
The fanbase has certainly changed over the years IMO.

Agree. Also Cheesy is City through and through and has an opinion. End of

Cheesy is a true Blue - Don't doubt that for a millisecond.

Let's not kid ourselves that we've progressed this season. We'll get it right sooner or later, but it's essential that it's sooner rather than later.

Cheesy simply says what most of us think in private (when we take off our blue tinted glasses). Like many Blues, he's frustrated and wondering just when everything will click into place.

Don't knock the man for giving an honest opinion when he's asked for one.

Hinchcliffe's header said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Maybe it is just me but if anyone absolutely anyone has an opinion about a player that isn't positive then it is like you have the plague and are somewhat a lesser blue than the next fan.
The fanbase has certainly changed over the years IMO.

Agree. Also Cheesy is City through and through and has an opinion. End of

Exactly, and he's paid to give his opinion. We're free to agree or disagree, it happens on here every day, the way some have reacted on this thread you'd think nobody except City fans read bluemoon, there's ten times as much shit on page one of this forum as anything Cheesy may have said!

DD said:
waspish said:
Rosler-28 said:
What a load of bollocks, Cheesy is blue through and through, some proper bell ends on here.

A blue through and through wouldn't stick the knife in live on radio 5

He's not sticking the knife in. As a man who has been to just about every City game over the last 40 years he is probably intelligent enough to spot the kind of things a significant amount of our fans are far too thick to see.
What exactly is it that some of us significant others are to thick to see pie gob?

BimboBob said:
MATCITY said:
For fucks sake he's a fan, we've all slagged City off at some point

I'm doing it in my head as I type this. In a minute I'm going to shake my fist a bit at the screen and shake my head from side to side whilst tutting about Mancini.

There.

Might do it again in a moment.

Won't your head fall off if you do that ? I have heard that shaking business can be quite risky.

Lavinda Past said:

Let's not kid ourselves that we've progressed this season. We'll get it right sooner or later, but it's essential that it's sooner rather than later.

Cheesy simply says what most of us think in private (when we take off our blue tinted glasses). Like many Blues, he's frustrated and wondering just when everything will click into place.

Is he that naive? Whilst we all may share these frustrations after a less than stellar start to the season, his many years working in and around the media should mean that Cheesy is savvy enough not to end-up looking like he's part of the assault crew of critics. Regardless of his personal views he should be taking the opportunity to grab the airwaves and be accentuating the positives with the aim of at least establishing some balance on behalf of the Club he loves. Unless of course he deliberately chose not to do so for some reason?

More City fans read this (open) forum than listen to whatever station it was he gave the interview, yet it doesn't stop people moaning about our club in every other thread. What's the difference? I read way much worse stuff on here, and that's without even knowing what was said.

2yxrgph.jpg

You give praise when praise is due and you criticise when criticism is due. It's what being a supporter is all about. If Ian Cheeseman isn't happy with what he sees then it's his right to say so. He evidently cares about City and everyone I know who has had any dealings with him says he's a great Guy.

1961_vintage said:
Lavinda Past said:

Is he that naive? Whilst we all may share these frustrations after a less than stellar start to the season, his many years working in and around the media should mean that Cheesy is savvy enough not to end-up looking like he's part of the assault crew of critics. Regardless of his personal views he should be taking the opportunity to grab the airwaves and be accentuating the positives with the aim of at least establishing some balance on behalf of the Club he loves. Unless of course he deliberately chose not to do so for some reason?

Your guess is as good as mine 1961. All I would say is that Cheesy is well respected in the media and is known for giving a balanced view. I don't smell a conspiracy here - just a straight talking guy airing his views.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.