Chelsea (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Moments before being taken off Bernardo skinned Cucurella twice and set up KDB (who should have scored)

grealish and Mahrez are no better at all.......look at their whole performance in that second half not just the 5 seconds to score a goal where the keeper should have easily collected the cross for a start

Good luck trying to apply some sanity:-)

Personally I think trying to get fit KDB and Haaland in is costing us overall, despite their individual brilliance.

Foden, Cancelo, KDB all pretty shockingly bad but I suspect that is more down to formation.

Nobody was really saying that when we were smashing 6 past the rags

The reality is a lot of our players haven’t been putting in good individual performances. I don’t think it’s down to the formation that Foden couldn’t trap a bag of cement tonight or that De Bruyne’s passing was well below par for his standards.

I don’t think it’s a system thing, I’ve seen at times this season to know we are brilliant when players are on top of their game. A lot of our players have been off the pace recently, for whatever reason.

Greta result, really happy as that was hard won. Showed a lot of character and they are very decent. But we're still better thankfully. We could say we won thanks to a Kepa keeper error, bit I'll take it.

Pep had me cursing at half time when he took of Walker and Cancelo for Lewis and Akanji, but I guess that's why he's regarded as the best manager in the world and I can't even get the dog to listen to me.

But what about that Conor Gallagher? I think he's clearly a Bellamy type of character, but 2 maybe 3 bookable offenses and then a blatant dive, all within 5 minutes of coming on? His he trying to take Piers Morgan's annual tw4t of the year trophy or something?

I'm not going to lie. First half, I just thought, “Christ on a bike, another sleepwalking exercise! Do these players think they're going to amble to being champions?” Stepped it up a gear, even two, in the first ten minutes of the second half, and suddenly we had a game of football on our hands. When we play with urgency, we can just overrun opposing teams. Problem is, we don't always do it.
Sorry, I still don't think Kev's on it. I really think he should be put on the bench, and brought on to make an impact, at present.

Great 3 points...might not have been our best display but we dug in and got the win.
Formation was weird in the 1st half but second half we looked much better because we moved the ball quicker...
Stonesy was fucking brilliant..Rico looks so good and confident for a young kid..
Kev looks out of sorts but still manages to create chances...it was so unlucky that the viking couldn't get on the end of that cross.
Looking forward to Sunday

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.