Chelsea (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Fucking massive result that.

Subs showed, if nothing else, why Pep has been starting Rico, Jack and Riyad.

Actually, I'm inclined to think the opposite. The subs showed why they're very good subs. I don't include Rico in that, incidentally. The lad looks completely at ease, whether starting, or on as a sub.

By the way, once we scored, I think we did a brilliant management performance. Just managing out the game from there on in. It was a bit hairy at times, but it really did me good to see that we can still do that. We have become very poor at keeping clean sheets since the autumn. And incidentally, Ed didn't have to make any really crucial save, even in the first half (he couldn't have got to the one that hit the post).

Abysmal first half display. Better in the second half but still a long way off our usual standards. Truth be told we got lucky tonight going away with all three points, Can't complain though we were poor and won the game, We just have to get through this period of not being at it until we find our rhythm (fast)...

John Stones tonight was sensational. The midfield on front of him was shocking, Constantly giving the ball away Rodri, KDB and Gundogan all at it tonight putting our backline under unnecessary pressure.

I must admit tonight though the players look absolutely shattered, Running on fumes by the looks of things.

You could spend all night trying to work out what happened in that first half - we were all over the shop - and we weren’t that much better in the second half other than the 5 or 10 minutes before the goal.

But the moral of the story tonight surely is that we have four or five players who are bang out of form at the moment, whether that’s due to rustiness or attitude problems, and we simply can’t play them until they start to pull their fingers out.

Cancelo and Walker look well out of sorts, Bernado did very little again in a poor season overall, and Foden needs to sort himself out as he was embarrassing tonight. Will be interesting to hear what Guardiola has to say about their performances.

On the plus side Lewis looks absolutely at home this level and it shows what can happen when you give a player his opportunity. Hopefully we’ll see Palmer at the weekend. Stones was absolute class tonight and I thought Akanji did well when he came on as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.