Chelsea (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

We do lose a lot of the beautiful patterns with Haaland. He is amazing at what he does but this one player changes our patterns of play. I loved it when our false 9 dragged their CB with him and left a gap for a slide rule through ball between the other CB and full back then one of our a willing wide players pulled the ball back to one of half dozen midfielders...just so much easier on the eye and cleverer
Totally agree with that. If I do have one complaint it's that we look a bit more predictable now, and I can easily see him going several games and hardly scoring once teams get used to the way he plays. His all round game still needs to mature, but meantime I'd like to see more of Alvarez alongside him.

Agree with majority of the posters on here that 1st half performance was shocking. The Cancelo/Rodri experiment backfired and it left us badly exposed in midfield and on our left hand side. 2nd half was much better and Lewis made a fantastic contribution in this. Stones was a class above tonight and it is great to see him back to his best. I agree that this is not the best of Chelsea teams this season, but it is still a difficult away game. We got the 3 points which is the most important thing and if we can do that when not playing at our best, it puts us in a good place for the rest of the season.
I think everybody is just repeating the same thing parrot-fashion re. Cancelo and Rodri. I thought we looked more exposed later in the game when they were chasing an equaliser.

Weird first half. Second half was a battle and hardfought one. Job done. Next. Who we playing this weekend?
I thought the first half was well played. We were pressing the midfield which is odd for us. The second half felt inevitable. The second half of the second half relied upon everyone doing their job.

Yeah mate something doesn't seem right, end of day we got the result we wanted and move on. Stones is fucking brilliant ake aswell pal. Just hope we keep pace with arsenal and then pip um 3 in a row. Cmon cityyyyyy
Agreed, we have missed two leaders in Walker and Dias.....big misses for the match day squad it appears

I missed the first 25 mins, I’m travelling & struggled with a stream. From that point I thought we were better of the half but mates were telling we’d been shit, stats backed that up.

2nd half I thought Foden & Bernardo won their 1:1s but build up play to them was awful.

I realise what we get from Haaland but we also lose a fair bit. The false 9 really helps wingers get in behind & I have a standard joke that I slag his touch off & all round game until he scores.

I thought we controlled 2nd half until after the goal they made changes & flooded the midfield & they had the ball more but very little else.

I relax that Pep trusts the squad to find form. Foden was in great form start of the season, the World Cup will be a massive disappointment but I also think Cancelo on the left helps him come inside & same with Walker on the right.
If you were going to miss any 25 minutes of the season, the start of tonight’s game would be the one you’d want to miss.

Foden will no doubt improve from here, but Pep’s comments about poor body language are a bit easier to understand after watching that first half. Foden and Guardiola actually strike me as an old married couple at times. Deep down they know that they need each other, but they’re not averse to winding each other up occasionally.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.