Chelsea (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

You mean Rodri at centre back, Bernardo as a defensive midfielder, walker as a right centre back with cancelo outside him and ake as a left centreback, left back and left midfielder? Lets hope so.
and Rodri doing whatever the fuck he was doing

Pep quotes: 'I read Bluemoon and they told me to play Cancelo, Walker and Foden. So I play them and look at what happened first half'. But I didn't tell Bluemoon I would play the team in different positions'. Second half I play my team and we win'.
This is it exactly. To me it was a bit like ‘I will play the people the fans want but in such a formation they will be really poor. Then I will take a couple off, play a proper formation and vindicate myself’. Think we were treated poorly tonight. Walker and Cancelo should have played where they usually do, that 1st half totally different. Peeps thrown Walker, Cancelo, Foden, Silva under a bus tonight.

Only Stones and a few of the subs coming out of that with any credit, include Pep in that

Going to need to be much much better against United and Spurs in our next 2 league games
Pep did well, i thought Ake did his defending job well. He is not a natural ball player but led by example by challenging and putting in the effort, that definitely encouraged others to roll up their sleeves and try and block / intercept and challenge (unlike Everton game)

Agree with majority of the posters on here that 1st half performance was shocking. The Cancelo/Rodri experiment backfired and it left us badly exposed in midfield and on our left hand side. 2nd half was much better and Lewis made a fantastic contribution in this. Stones was a class above tonight and it is great to see him back to his best. I agree that this is not the best of Chelsea teams this season, but it is still a difficult away game. We got the 3 points which is the most important thing and if we can do that when not playing at our best, it puts us in a good place for the rest of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.