Chelsea (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

The goal is a thing of beauty.

Back to Ederson played back out and through the team with inch like precision.

A team playing shit and carrying players does not score that at Chelsea.

There were some exceptional performances in there tonight, not always pretty but tremendous level of skill in tackling, blocking and working hard.

Compared to that shite v Everton and 90 minutes of non football it was it was a huge improvement.

Honestly think we will kick on from here.

The goal is a thing of beauty.

Back to Ederson played back out and through the team with inch like precision.

A team playing shit and carrying players does not score that at Chelsea.

There were some exceptional performances in there tonight, not always pretty but tremendous level of skill in tackling, blocking and working hard.

Compared to that shite v Everton and 90 minutes of non football it was it was a huge improvement.

Honestly think we will kick on from here.
We will play far better against scum on the 14th, mark my words

and that's why he changed it at half time, cos it was absolutely shite
Wasn't though, we finished the first half stronger and a further 5 minutes I reckon we would've nicked one.
Limiting Chelsea to 1 effort in the first half ain't bad.
That is why I was totally surprised with the 2 HT subs, but they worked as we were dominant second half and deservedly won.

Some massive performances from individuals, Stones, Ake, Lewis. KDB worked his bollocks off, Gundog and Rodri were calm and controlled.

We ended up with something like 12 chances to their 5. If that is a shit performance bring it on.

Pep created the problems but at least he fixed them promptly. Rico Lewis should start against the rags for me.

Got away with it big time

No idea what Kepa was doing, he could have fell over on that cross

That being said, subs did the job. Not a bad thing for our star full backs to be reminded that they can be replaced either

Well done Pep

Pep's interview after the game was interesting. He said that he expected Chelsea to play a back 5 and wanted to try a different setup after the way our last couple of matches had gone. I was a little surprised he didn't just switch Cancelo to left back then and play the normal tactics. Making the double substitution at half-time is very un-Pep like and then another 2 not long after also.

Foden looks rustier than a garden fence hinge.
To be fair to both wide men Foden and Cancelo and Mahrez and Grealish when they play, unbelievable how many times we delay the delivery to them from defence which often forces them to play the ball back once they receive it. Check how many times our defence and midfield stop the ball and reverse direction having seen the wide players in space. No wonder we’re ponderous.Foden bypassed Ake who was bringing the ball out of defence, Foden would have had a clear run up the line but Ake put his foot on it and turned inside. Unfortunately that’s the mentality at the moment and it must be so frustrating when you’ve been patient and made space again and again. When we actually go for it there’s no better team or players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.