Chelsea (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

hate all this 'great game', 'take a point' bollocks, to let the lead slip 3 times is a fucking joke.

have to do better at managing the game
That's me too. Still hacked off this morning, car crash game. Defence woeful and Godri - ace as he is, can't manage the midfield singlehandedly.

Chelsea and Pochettino will be in the top come the end of the season mark my words, It was always going to be a hard start for them and they really did look like a lost hope, But they have found a system to suit them and yes its still a working progress, but after the 2 big games and 4 points they will kick on.

City just did not play our normal game today and maybe Pep could have played another midfield player in there to block the space, but would we have scored 4 goals ? Pep played with fire today and faced them up and it was a game of you score we score a open game,

all in all a good point away from home and keeps us on top, so yes we will be a little bit down that we did not hold on, but like every game we face a Pochettii no team it's a very open game with goals that normal don't end well for us
I had Chavs and Dips as main threats this season. Didn't think they would start the season so badly but beginning to gel. More of a one to watch for 24/25.

his best game for Chelsea!
Maybe his best game because it was against City. Raheem will play well against a team that play a high line as we always do, but put him up against a back 5 and 4 in front defence that are intent on stopping and it will be a different story. Hence the no England call up.

Slept on it but still feel that's a disappointing outcome to a game in which we led 3 times.

An entertaining game perhaps but so many poor performances. Walker and Dias particularly so, Rodri, Alvarez, Gvardiol and Doku nowhere near their best either.

Felt Kovacic done his bit when he came on. Bernardo and Haaland the two strongest overall performances. Foden full of energy but final ball was often slack.

Like everyone else I question the logic in Walker hitting that free kick. Of course it would have been Alvarez had he still been on, or Gundogan had he still been here, but surely you'd expect the likes of Grealish to take the responsibility from that sort of range and angle.

Also think it's mad how wide open we were in the 90 odd minute of the match to lead us to conceding the penalty. We should have been watertight by that point, why were they given so much space?

A point is by no means a disaster but the performance has thrown up a lot of concerns imo. The mousers will fancy their chances having watched that.

Chelsea pressed us aggressively high and it seemed to make some of our back line nervous certainly the conditions played at part too.
Sterling & Palmer were right up for it presumably they felt they had “something to prove” Sterling should ask himself why he never did that against Liverpool for us.
They deserved their point, they played their best we were some way below ours.
Thought they roughed us up to be honest how Gallagher was not booked I will never know, Sterling should have gone for his challenge on Foden and Poch made an absolute prick of himself at the end.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.