Chelsea (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Maybe his best game because it was against City. Raheem will play well against a team that play a high line as we always do, but put him up against a back 5 and 4 in front defence that are intent on stopping and it will be a different story. Hence the no England call up.

Oh i know, he'll be crap next game

I think playing two youngsters down our left sude was a mistake today. I know Pep did not have much of an option for left back but Doku needed to track James and he didn't. Grealish would have done.
You do realise we were winning when Doku went off.
Now i like Jack but he brought nothing to the table when he came on yesterday.

Dias was dreadful, he needs another defensive midfielder ahead of him in open games like this, he’s probably the least comfortable on the ball of all our defenders and the slowest too.

Love him mind, but he was bad.

Gvardiol was bad as well, didn’t look comfortable on the ball under pressure and was out of position on occasion.

Injuries to Ake and Stones are hurting us.

Alvarez looks jaded too imo, needs a rest, stick Foden in the 10 vs Liverpool.

Slept on it but still feel that's a disappointing outcome to a game in which we led 3 times.

An entertaining game perhaps but so many poor performances. Walker and Dias particularly so, Rodri, Alvarez, Gvardiol and Doku nowhere near their best either.

Felt Kovacic done his bit when he came on. Bernardo and Haaland the two strongest overall performances. Foden full of energy but final ball was often slack.

Like everyone else I question the logic in Walker hitting that free kick. Of course it would have been Alvarez had he still been on, or Gundogan had he still been here, but surely you'd expect the likes of Grealish to take the responsibility from that sort of range and angle.

Also think it's mad how wide open we were in the 90 odd minute of the match to lead us to conceding the penalty. We should have been watertight by that point, why were they given so much space?

A point is by no means a disaster but the performance has thrown up a lot of concerns imo. The mousers will fancy their chances having watched that.
when we went a goal up through Rodri, I said, good experience for bigger games this season - lets see us just play this out and strangle the game.

Cue us giving the ball away and watch them run through our midfield.

It really was a weird performance. If Kyle thinks he is captain material, why the fuck did he spend five minutes trying to pick a fight with everyone after they were awarded what was, lets face it an absolute stone wall penalty. Braga ffs. He has the touch of a ten ton truck. 100% he would not have scored until he was taken out by Dias.

You do realise we were winning when Doku went off.
Now i like Jack but he brought nothing to the table when he came on yesterday.
Apparently Grealish is brought on to keep hold of the ball and thus control possession, which in theory when we were 3-2 up is plausible, however, he’s been awful this season and just gets involved in petty arguments and an inevitable booking. 20/20 hindsight is great but if Doku had stayed on against a visibly tiring Chelsea defence I could see us running out winning 5 or 6-3.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.