Chelsea (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Apparently Grealish is brought on to keep hold of the ball and thus control possession, which in theory when we were 3-2 up is plausible, however, he’s been awful this season
This is simply not true and incredibly disingenuous. I'm not even the biggest Grealish fan either. Since returning from injury, he's been fantastic.

Had to watch it back as I watched it yesterday whilst I was packing to fly home!

Just some general observations:

Dias was really poor, looked uncomfortable from the word go. Complete air kick in the middle of the park which lead to them scoring their 1st goal. Think Ederson should have done better for the header.

Ederson poor for the third it wasn't hit with enormous power and should have managed to push it away from goal.

Their penalty was just desperation stuff from Dias who was off it all day.

Aside from that, our second and third goals were quality, and I think the chance Doku had at 3-2 should have killed the game off.

Chelsea were good, but I think some are getting carried away with how good they actually are. They caught us on a day where we just couldn't get in control, and I doubt you'll see us lead a game 3 times again, and not come away with 3 points.
Yes Doku was a bit greedy on that chance, pass to Haaland and its a tap in, instead he went for the glory

Great game against quality opposition at their ground. Chelsea were up to task after a great and a bit random mental boost on Monday against Tottenham.

Chelsea play one game a week, they have incredible conditions for best fitness etc.

Chelsea probably will not play better game all season. For instance, it was Sterling's best game since transfer to Chelsea easily. On the other hand few really unlucky mistakes for us, like Dias air kick for first goal or Gvardiol lack of awareness for second.

I love threads after games like this. So many idiots to mark up and put on ignore. Game management was crap, Pep's fault, Grealish should have started over Doku etc:D Zero perspective with judgments. Zero information about team's preparation and factual background. You can just feel this near to zero ability to present proper way of reasoning. Actually great entertainment, but dont loose too much of your limited life time for them.

Apparently Grealish is brought on to keep hold of the ball and thus control possession, which in theory when we were 3-2 up is plausible, however, he’s been awful this season and just gets involved in petty arguments and an inevitable booking. 20/20 hindsight is great but if Doku had stayed on against a visibly tiring Chelsea defence I could see us running out winning 5 or 6-3.
Another thick moron who is allowed an opinion.

Yes Doku was a bit greedy on that chance, pass to Haaland and its a tap in, instead he went for the glory
I'll give him some credit and say that he's going to score a lot of goals like that where he comes in off the left, and should have made it 4-2.

Hits it anywhere else and it's a goal!

I don’t think the game needs over analysing. When you score 4 goals against any team in the world you should come away with a win. The issue was simple yesterday. Too many players who we expect high standards from had a poor game and we paid the price for that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.