Chelsea (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

I think it’s Grimsby 4 City 4 from Sept 1950: Of course yesterday’s wasn't the 1st 4-4 at Stamford Bridge between City & @ChelseaFC That came in a City title winning season:

Superb research, as always.

Did you have to stay up all night to find that game? ;-)

Slept on it but still feel that's a disappointing outcome to a game in which we led 3 times.

An entertaining game perhaps but so many poor performances. Walker and Dias particularly so, Rodri, Alvarez, Gvardiol and Doku nowhere near their best either.

Felt Kovacic done his bit when he came on. Bernardo and Haaland the two strongest overall performances. Foden full of energy but final ball was often slack.

Like everyone else I question the logic in Walker hitting that free kick. Of course it would have been Alvarez had he still been on, or Gundogan had he still been here, but surely you'd expect the likes of Grealish to take the responsibility from that sort of range and angle.

Also think it's mad how wide open we were in the 90 odd minute of the match to lead us to conceding the penalty. We should have been watertight by that point, why were they given so much space?

A point is by no means a disaster but the performance has thrown up a lot of concerns imo. The mousers will fancy their chances having watched that.

We never really got to grips with their midfield yesterday. Even after Rodri scored it was still helter skelter, we never really managed to take the sting out of Chelsea. It’s unfortunate timing in one sense, they played Arsenal similarly a few weeks ago and ran out of steam. Obviously their fitness levels have improved since then and were able to maintain it for 90+ minutes.

That being said defensively we were all over the place. Rodri should’ve been stronger for their first, Gvardiol had a brain fart for the 2nd, Dias and Ederson should do better for the third and the fourth was Dias madness. There was also some mayhem in giving up Gusto’s and Palmer’s chances.

Looking forward we can’t afford to play like that again. Apart from the defensive issues Doku, Grealish really struggled to create, Grealish more than Doku. We didn’t really have the same threat and maybe that’s because Alvarez couldn’t really get into the match.

We really need far more control against Liverpool as that kind of chaotic match would really suit them.

The problem when we play this current system in games like yesterday and vs Wolves where they were prepared to attack us, is there is no support for Rodri in Midfield. They beat our press and were through.

In previous seasons we have had Gundo, Kev & Bernie helping Rodri and could put fires out. Alvarez is great going forward but does not give the support in defence.

Dias had a poor game, I'm sure the conditions didn't help. Take the point, top of the league and let Pep sort it

You’re the first poster I’ve seen mention the Dias air kick. I was fucking fuming at such a half arsed effort from a player who is meant to be a top pro.

Sunday league stuff.
I mentioned it yesterday so your observation is not strictly accurate! But we're all agreed though that Dias was poor, i also thought he had a poor game away to the arse. I don't blame Reuben for the pen though as on first glance not sure what else he could have done - he couldn't afford to let the guy shoot?

ref let them hack at will and if he had the balls to show red to sterling and gallagher , the out come would’ve been different in our favor.

Absolutely no idea how that wasn't a yellow given the ref's view, especially after booking Doku when there was contact not long before.
It should be used as the example to show simulation, it’s that blatant.

Expecting to be clattered isn’t a valid reason!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.