Chelsea (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Game management was absolutely crap
Yes it was ,but in a weird and unusual way. Everything about us lacked the usual control. Even at 4 3 normally we'd see the game out keep the ball in their half. Just a freakish game all round.

We still haven't found a proper option to play next to Rodri. Pep doesn't seem to trust Phillip's and Nunes, Kovacic more so but not much more, and there lies a problem in games like this. I would've put Lewis in there when changes were needed or preferably started with him. I think Rico would've revelled in that game yesterday

Yes it was ,but in a weird and unusual way. Everything about us lacked the usual control. Even at 4 3 normally we'd see the game out keep the ball in their half. Just a freakish game all round.
Freakish game is correct, it’s an anomaly not the norm and we should just accept that some days are like that.
No point overthinking or being overly critical because this squad has earned an off day.
Coming away with a point all things considered is by no means a terrible day at the office.
We go into the international break too if the league and are closer to getting a full strength squad back for the business end where we are normally playing catch up.
Things are going better than I thought after the Lord Mayors show of the treble winning season.

I'll give him some credit and say that he's going to score a lot of goals like that where he comes in off the left, and should have made it 4-2.

Hits it anywhere else and it's a goal!
He really didn't have to hit it anywhere he needed to pass it to one of the two players in the box. Whilst he is exciting to watch his final ball at the moment is not that great, please don’t quote the Bournemouth game;-), he needs to play with his head up, then he will probably become our assist king. My view is also that he is young and Pep will sort out any flaws in his game and if he listens he will become the most exciting winger in the premier league.

We still haven't found a proper option to play next to Rodri. Pep doesn't seem to trust Phillip's and Nunes, Kovacic more so but not much more, and there lies a problem in games like this. I would've put Lewis in there when changes were needed or preferably started with him. I think Rico would've revelled in that game yesterday

We’d have Paqueta right now if he didnt get involved in gambling. Seems like he’s Peps missing piece to our midfield, you can see from West Ham games he’s got a all round skill set , creator , goal scorer and a workhorse The midfield Pep probably would’ve liked this season , would’ve been Rodri , Paqueta and KDB. With Kovacic as a back up option , Paqueta and Rodri together would be frightening for the other teams to play against

It’s probably the midfield we will see next season. Via Tolmie and other sources saying we still want him

What is it with London based club fans on twitter?

From what I was reading you think they won the game. Geez

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.