Chelsea (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Great game against quality opposition at their ground. Chelsea were up to task after a great and a bit random mental boost on Monday against Tottenham.

Chelsea play one game a week, they have incredible conditions for best fitness etc.

Chelsea probably will not play better game all season. For instance, it was Sterling's best game since transfer to Chelsea easily. On the other hand few really unlucky mistakes for us, like Dias air kick for first goal or Gvardiol lack of awareness for second.

I love threads after games like this. So many idiots to mark up and put on ignore. Game management was crap, Pep's fault, Grealish should have started over Doku etc:D Zero perspective with judgments. Zero information about team's preparation and factual background. You can just feel this near to zero ability to present proper way of reasoning. Actually great entertainment, but dont loose too much of your limited life time for them.
Hindsight is wonderful.

Yes Doku was taken off too early i think. Another 15 minutes with him and we might have scored another. He also gave us an out all game as he's the fear factor for the opposition who have to deal with him constantly and takes pressure off us.
I felt for Doku. Chelsea targeted him during the first by having Palmer & James double up on him, with Disasi moving across as a deep lying blocker.

Doku's good. Doku's dangerous. But even prime Messi wasn't getting past those three, especially as Gvardiol seemed to lose confidence after being skinned a couple of times & gifting Chelsea a goal, because he couldn't sort his clown feet out.

I knew Palmer would physically put himself about in a way he wasn't able to in a City shirt. This tactic by Chelsea nullified Doku because as soon as Bernardo moved across to help him, it left a gaping hole in the midfield with only Rodri & Akanji playing the hybrid role to deal with Chelsea's midfield three.

We were just out-thought, but made good adjustments in the second half. However, there's nothing you can do about unforced errors & shite defending.

It's not the draw that gets me, it's scoring 4 away & still being held. As a neutral I'd have loved it. As a City fan, I'd have felt better with a 0-0 & knowing our defence held firm.

Just watched the game again. For the TV audience this must have been one of the best matches they've ever seen and I think most Chelsea fans are pleased with their side's performance, but City were some way short of our best. Our ball retention was much poorer than normal and our passing lacked its usual sharpness and precision. We had some good fortune with our fourth goal but we more than made up for this with Chelsea's goals. Their first appeared to be the result of Thiago's clever, late near post run but what VAR (!) should have picked up was that Cucurella pushing and pulling Rodri out of position made the space for Thiago to run into. Their second was the consequence of a disastrous piece of defending by Gvardiol and their third followed Eddie pushing out a shot straight Jackson. It was not helped by the failure of our defenders to respond to his parry. Not for the first or last time was our defence half asleep. Their fourth followed some good play by Broja (?) but agai Dias seemed half a yard slower than he should have been. At no time had City seemed able to control the tempo or even dominate the possession and Chelsea seemed able to run through midfield with comparative ease at times, but, in the end we came away with a point and so nearly had all three from what always looked a very tricky game.

Great game that went by in a flash, apart from the var bits
Think i'll need to watch it again before writing about it. What i can now though is Foden is a joy to watch and Dias was overheated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.