Chelsea (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Probably get slated for this, but am I the only one who saw that Dias, (who was really poor tonight), touch the ball in that Broja challenge? It hasn't even been mentioned or highlighted, unlike the Halaand pen in the first half, when we watched over and over the 'initial pull by Halaand '. Whether it was a pen surely it was worth looking at?
Yeah he got a touch but not enough to take the ball away from the player. So still a pen for me. Surprised it wasn't looked at more closely though

Our defence made it a contest , our back four was diabolical , Walker got skinned everytime Sterling went near him Dias had a nightmare , Akanji and Gvardiol were just OK , its a good job our forward play was the total opposite , mesmerising at times some of the one touch play at speed was a thing of beauty.
At 3-2 and 4-3 we should have turned the screw but we let them off the hook , a lot to work on for Pep before the Dippers arrive in a couple of weeks.
Gvardiol's ultimate outcome of "OK" consisted of him being dire in the first half but very good in the second half IMO.

I tried to calm myself down and keep the emotion out of it but it was hard. It feels like a loss but I guess when we look back it's a good point. Chelsea played out of their skin, some of our players were well off it so we have to be glad of it. Last season our defence was so strong, this season it almost looks like Peps first season at times.
One thing I would add is from one week to the next we have no clue what the back 4 will look like or how they will play. We need stones fit as he makes such a big difference. That being said, really bad individual errors cost us today and that had nothing to do with those players rotating in and out.

Probably get slated for this, but am I the only one who saw that Dias, (who was really poor tonight), touch the ball in that Broja challenge? It hasn't even been mentioned or highlighted, unlike the Halaand pen in the first half, when we watched over and over the 'initial pull by Halaand '. Whether it was a pen surely it was worth looking at?
New interpretation of the rules means it doesnt matter if you touch the ball first and then clean the player out , many years ago you could get away with a robust challenge if you touched the ball first , not now.

We had no midfield and now a sparta gladiator playing LB. Strong defending Gvardiol is, but missing out on an LB tactical creative like Zinchenko.

Might take time for Gvardiol to be more agile, when against a team with nimble footwork like Sterling.
Zinchenko was a defensive liability. Gvardiol should be playing in the centre.

Thought our midfield let the defence down today; ( all though the defence looked shaky all game!)
Still 1 point is better than none!

A draw away at Chelsea is hardly the end of the world. Our penalty was soft imho. Top of the league going into (another) international break. Could be worse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.