Chelsea (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

It's probably been mentioned but Carragher needs binning off by sky. His co commentating today was an absolute biased disgrace. They might as well pull a scouser out of the Kop for his gig on our games. The only place he should be is Liverpool TV. It's just not good enough.

Exactly. And I think this is why sky et al are shitting themselves at the possibility of a 4th City title.
I think we showed proper balls today. Ok you may not be at our best but we were certainly not giving a game up. For many a season ive supported city i have felt that we have not given our all. Ok Frizzel's team and Clark's teams obv didnt have the talent of say..today's team but they were also 100 miles away from the effort and desire that Pep's team play with. We did fight so hard today to win away v Chelsea..big change from City 1982 /3 to say 2010 Id take this fight to the end team all day.

It's probably been mentioned but Carragher needs binning off by sky. His co commentating today was an absolute biased disgrace. They might as well pull a scouser out of the Kop for his gig on our games. The only place he should be is Liverpool TV. It's just not good enough.
I thought he was going to have a stroke when he was looking at the replay of our penalty incident. His only thought, such as his pea-brain allows, is about how the red scouse are affected.

Positives:-

1. Haaland- Doku should have done better with the ball he got, we carved them open.

2. Akanji- I don't know what else he must do to get a well deserved respect from some of our fanbase. He's always consistent, remains fit 99% of the time and covers multiple positions. In fact, he's improving alot in the Stones role too.

Negatives:-

1. Shambolic defending. The most dangerous Chelsea man in a corner was totally unmarked for the first goal. He was the only threat in corners and we gave him a free header without pressure.

Dias and Gvardiol had a horrible game. Both were at fault for the second goal. Even Rodri was sloppy, Gusto's poor shot saved his blushes.

2. Non-existent midfield - too easily carved open and very little control of the game. We struggled with the physicality and press of Chelsea. A little bit of calmness and we would have bypassed their pressing.

3. Not lethal enough - it may sound harsh because we managed to score 4 and the attack is definitely not the issue this game but we had the chance to kill the game 2-3 times and we didn't. Foden really needs to improve his shooting and composure in the final third, he's excellent at picking up in dangerous areas but always let down by the finishing touch. Alvarez has not been at his best too.

Verdict:-

Old boys returned to haunt us, hopefully Chelsea will keep up this energy against our title rivals. Our players need to sort themselves out because next game is Liverpool.
Gallagher for them made a positive impact in mid. Thought he read the game so well for them and gave his all. Shades of his CPFC loan days

The first two sentences in this post read with a Scouse accent in my head particularly that “absolute biased disgrace” line!

He’s playing like Otamendi at present in fact no I’ll even say Demichelis
Worst and best CH we've ever had? I still argue that a prime Dave Watson would get in today. Read the game very, very well on top of defending with purpose.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.