Chelsea (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Positives:-

1. Haaland- Doku should have done better with the ball he got, we carved them open.

2. Akanji- I don't know what else he must do to get a well deserved respect from some of our fanbase. He's always consistent, remains fit 99% of the time and covers multiple positions. In fact, he's improving alot in the Stones role too.

Negatives:-

1. Shambolic defending. The most dangerous Chelsea man in a corner was totally unmarked for the first goal. He was the only threat in corners and we gave him a free header without pressure.

Dias and Gvardiol had a horrible game. Both were at fault for the second goal. Even Rodri was sloppy, Gusto's poor shot saved his blushes.

2. Non-existent midfield - too easily carved open and very little control of the game. We struggled with the physicality and press of Chelsea. A little bit of calmness and we would have bypassed their pressing.

3. Not lethal enough - it may sound harsh because we managed to score 4 and the attack is definitely not the issue this game but we had the chance to kill the game 2-3 times and we didn't. Foden really needs to improve his shooting and composure in the final third, he's excellent at picking up in dangerous areas but always let down by the finishing touch. Alvarez has not been at his best too.

Verdict:-

Old boys returned to haunt us, hopefully Chelsea will keep up this energy against our title rivals. Our players need to sort themselves out because next game is Liverpool.

Pulsating from start to finish mate.Littered with mistakes yes but non stop commitment from both sides.End to end throughout.It was fantastic entertainment even though we didn’t pull the three points off.
I saw the 3-4 at Spurs the best comeback this was as good as that.
Not perfect no but amazingly entertaining.
I never said at any point, that it wasn't entertaining. Exactly the opposite, actually. I said in several places that, for the neutral, it must have been highly entertaining. But there's not a cat in hell's chance that it's the best game in the last 50 years. Not in my opinion, anyway.

Heard so many times that Palmer has made a great move , he is playing for a mid table team that isnt in europe and unlikely to be in europe next season , he will play more games but he would also play more games for any team that hasnt got a chance in hell of winning a trophy. Hope he cherishes the three medals he got last season , they could be his last.

They played out of their skin driven by the crowd and the Sterling/Palmer connection. We're still blowing hot and cold but are still to. God help the league if we suddenly hit our rhythm and form.
People can piss and moan all they like, We are going to win the league! I said at the start of the season if we stay in touching distance until Kev is back we'll romp it.

We are top without Kev and basically Stones all season...Personally I think we would win it when if Kev missed the entire year.

We will blow the league away come February, March time. We have Arsenal Rags and Chavs all to come to The Etihad also...We'll wipe the floor with all three of those twats at our place.

They played out of their skin driven by the crowd and the Sterling/Palmer connection. We're still blowing hot and cold but are still to. God help the league if we suddenly hit our rhythm and form.
Bit of an off day today but still got a point. If we're there and thereabouts come January we've got a good chance. Usually better second half of season and KDB to come back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.