Chelsea (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Calm down folks. I get it; we're all pissed off with the meh display this afternoon. But let's try to keep the squabbling off the forum. If you want to disagree with another poster, and can't (for some unknown reason) put them on ignore, please take the squabbling to pms, please.
i understand what you are saying but when you get people slagging off a kid that came through our academy and made us 40mil i find it hard not to respond to people calling him childish names just because he had a good game against us ffs,they need to grow up, i was a bit pissed off when we sold him but i would never give him shit for wanting to try something new, in fact i thought it was a very brave move for a young kid!

Worst and vest CH we've ever had? I still argue that a prime Dave Watson would get in today. Read the game very cery well on top of defimending with purpose.

It’s a strange one with Ruben, some games, well arguably most games he can be a dominant leader but in other games he looks like he’s just come off the local park, I mean I know slide tackles are ok in piss wet through games like today but no margin for error, especially in the box, and he should know that really, disappointing to say the least today

Positives:-

1. Haaland- Doku should have done better with the ball he got, we carved them open.

2. Akanji- I don't know what else he must do to get a well deserved respect from some of our fanbase. He's always consistent, remains fit 99% of the time and covers multiple positions. In fact, he's improving alot in the Stones role too.

Negatives:-

1. Shambolic defending. The most dangerous Chelsea man in a corner was totally unmarked for the first goal. He was the only threat in corners and we gave him a free header without pressure.

Dias and Gvardiol had a horrible game. Both were at fault for the second goal. Even Rodri was sloppy, Gusto's poor shot saved his blushes.

2. Non-existent midfield - too easily carved open and very little control of the game. We struggled with the physicality and press of Chelsea. A little bit of calmness and we would have bypassed their pressing.

3. Not lethal enough - it may sound harsh because we managed to score 4 and the attack is definitely not the issue this game but we had the chance to kill the game 2-3 times and we didn't. Foden really needs to improve his shooting and composure in the final third, he's excellent at picking up in dangerous areas but always let down by the finishing touch. Alvarez has not been at his best too.

Verdict:-

Old boys returned to haunt us, hopefully Chelsea will keep up this energy against our title rivals. Our players need to sort themselves out because next game is Liverpool.

I'm already fretting about Liverpool's attack running at our defence.

As a one off I really enjoyed us not being so good.

We play so few end to end games, it was amazing entertainment, fair result and well done to Chelsea (Sterling and Palmer where both excellent and wish both well).

I honestly have no complaints and very happy to have 1 PL game like this per season, where it’s played like a basketball match.

However, at home against Liverpool and for the rest of the season. I would very much like to have the control and defensive solidarity back.

Thank you

It’s a strange one with Ruben, some games, well arguably most games he can be a dominant leader but in other games he looks like he’s just come off the local park, I mean I know slide tackles are ok in piss wet through games like today but no margin for error, especially in the box, and he should know that really, disappointing to say the least today
I havent looked back but when it happened in real time it looked like he switched off and then had to do that "Dunney thing" and dive in from 3 yards away. Not sure but should he have been a yard in. Base of triangle body side on? Maybe then the chance woulsmd have been snuffed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.