Chelsea (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

How bad some of our players were a draw was a good fair result! Poch though for me is a fraud! It's all well and good having a good record against the teams who have a go at his teams because it's easier to set up and his players to go with it! Against the teams who sit back he is clueless! He new sacked like has has done before!

At 3-3 I was happy because I thought we didn't deserve to win and they were looking dangerous for 3 points.At 4-3 I was extatic. Then they equalised and it felt like I'd been mugged by a no limbed crack head! However, we defended like amateurs today which doesn't happen often, so in the cold light of day, a point isn't the worst result. Top going into the national break isn't to be sniffed at.

Just remember..
We are top after playing Arsenal,Chelsea & Rags away.
We are normally not top until after New Year so all ahead of our normal schedule.
that's no big deal, chelsea are 10th ffs and the rags are fuckin useless

The Stones - Rodri - Grealish axis is integral to how we play and control a game. I find when that’s missing things go to pot a little bit. Only Rodri started today and we got drawn into a game of basketball from the very beginning. Shame his screamer didn’t seal the win for us :-(

Think Pep underestimated Chelsea, who I will give credit to for playing well. It’s their cup final after all. Defensively we were ragged although Akanji I thought was superb in parts.

We weren’t helped by Dias and Gvardiol having poor games. I actually think we’ve put in much worse performances than this but we just looked shaky throughout. Kind of glad we have an international break now.

Liverpool next…we can’t afford to mess up in that one. Pep has to get back to basics and start Grealish in these big games for starters.

Also bloody Gallagher - how many yellows did he escape??!

Very enjoyable game. And hard to say we played poor or Chelsea played really good. Bit of both I suppose. Thought we nicked it after Rodri scored; it wasn’t to be and it fitted the game tbh.

Credit to Chelsea and it’s fair to say Sterling was great and Palmer really good. But it would be no surprise if Chelsea drop points the next game.

Missed Stones big time, midfield and defence lacked control. Was like a basketball game.

Should have scored more considering Chelsea’s defence was as open as ours.

I’d have started Grealish and brought Doku on. Better for control in the big games

What’s with Walker and free kicks? Please make it stop

Bernardo Foden and Haaland were great

Sterling a real pain in the arse to play against

Is Carragher still trying to find a replay of Haaland pulling Cucurellas shirt first? The way I saw it, Cuc has the first pull, Haaland had his hand on Cuc’s arm, Cuc then does the second more clear pull. It was a lucky enough penalty to receive though considering Haaland wasn’t getting anywhere near the cross and they aren’t usually given when that’s the case.

Thought overall Taylor had a good game and can’t understand why people are moaning about VAR tonight. The same people want the ref to have more authority. Didn’t see any of his decisions overturned today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.