Chelsea (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Back four all poor today. But they played against total pace. Sterling was nuisance all game. On the whole great game both teams played well but made mistakes. Chelsea will come good. However we need need little more back up in midfield

Sorry but disagree with you . For years we have been done down that left hand side in many big games even though we have won countless trophy’s along the way . If we get that left hand side wrong against Liverpool salah will have a field day .
Okay, but if we really wanted a left back we’d have bought one over the many windows. We haven’t and that must be for a reason. As we have won loads, are top of the league and qualified for the last 16 CL who are we to argue a left back would have made us better.

I said it in the game thread, this was like the 3-3 at Newcastle early on last season, it was the worst defensive display of the season, we had no control and everytime Newcastle attacked they looked like scoring, that type of game never happened again last season and Pep will make sure tonight never happens again this season, the Chelsea lads played out of their skins and we still got a point, so we'll take it and move on.
If that’s right we’re in for a run of games where Pep wants outright control of the game and we struggle creatively…

Well if you score 4 goals away from home, you expect to win the game. However, today was one of them weird games that happens every once in a while and you can either be pissed off that we squandered the lead, or you can just enjoy getting a point. I'd rather draw 4-4 than 0-0 as you still get a point from it.

I was surprised we didn't try to change it though, or maybe we did and Chelsea just reacted to it and vice versa. Either way, our midfield and defence were in bits at times. Gvardiol looked like a Sunday league player for the Sterling goal and Dias had a mare but ultimately, this was a blip and they will both be back to their best next week. It was frustrating to pick up some silly yellows but I just think today was one of them days that we have once in a while. To be honest, I'm just glad it wasn't in the CL which is where we've tended to save brain farts for.

Chelsea are a strange one though - by rights, with the players they have, the money they've spent and the coach they have then they should be able to push for a top 4 spot. They aren't doing but today they were just up for it and I dare say they will lose the next game.

Ultimately, give me a 4-4 any day over a 0-0.

Chelsea and Pochettino will be in the top come the end of the season mark my words, It was always going to be a hard start for them and they really did look like a lost hope, But they have found a system to suit them and yes its still a working progress, but after the 2 big games and 4 points they will kick on.

City just did not play our normal game today and maybe Pep could have played another midfield player in there to block the space, but would we have scored 4 goals ? Pep played with fire today and faced them up and it was a game of you score we score a open game,

all in all a good point away from home and keeps us on top, so yes we will be a little bit down that we did not hold on, but like every game we face a Pochettino team it's a very open game with goals that normal don't end well for us

Good game fair result.

A few posters learning a good lesson that not every player who leaves the club is shit.

Your posts on the match thread leave a lot to be desired, in fact I’m not sure who or what you are, but in my mind and am sure quite a few else’s you are no blue.

Well I do know what you are actually a Sterling fanboy, always have been and it seems always will be, you are a disgrace to this forum, and called me a snowflake ffs,

After the Arsenal game I was critical about how passive and conservative we were, needless to say today was the opposite, surely there has to be a compromise in Stones' absence but struggling to think what it might be with our current squad, only solution is a top replacement for Phillips in Jan imo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.