Chelsea (A) Post Match Thread

That's another goal we have lost right at the end of the 1st half...Huddersfield, Bournemouth and Chelsea. That needs to stop. Walker could do with a rest, been mediocre for weeks now and the full back on the other side needs to be sorted out as well. I don't understand why Danilio cannot play on the left, I know he is right footed but so is Delph and that hasn't stopped Pep picking him. Surely playing a natural full back in a full back role is the sensible thing to do?
We seem to be developing a trend in the last few games of trying to walk the ball into the net instead of just having a pop, basically hanging onto the ball too long and allowing the GK/defence to narrow down the angle completely.
Those of you expecting a Liverpool collapse may wish to rethink your back up strategy, their defence is tighter than a gnats arse and they have already been away to Arsenal, Spurs, and Chelsea. They also appear to be hitting some better form in the last couple of games whilst unfortunately for us, we seem to be dipping slightly and now, with David Silva likely to miss both games in the next week, unless we get KDB and/or Kun back, we have tricky games ahead without 3 of our best players.
I'd play a weakened team at home to Hoffenheim and give a good few a bloody good rest before Everton.

Delph is left footed. Not a bad right foot (remember a clean strike against I think Palace) but definitely a leftie.

Looked Sarri has learnt a lot from Mourinho and did one on Pep with his park bus if watched his Napoli side they never double parked a bus. Pep probably planned the last few days how we go about beating them but saying that we were very good until they scored.

David was invisible and I kept thinking why he is not receiving more ball on his feet. He is used to being ganged up every match but yesterday he was very quite for his standard until he went off . Maybe he was feeling something and wasn’t comfortable from the start .

David was invisible and I kept thinking why he is not receiving more ball on his feet. He is used to being ganged up every match but yesterday he was very quite for his standard until he went off . Maybe he was feeling something and wasn’t comfortable from the start .
Yep he had a very quiet game and like yourself wondered if he was carrying a knock. Bernardo was not as effective as normal as well.

I think worth remembering that Chelsea also outplayed Liverpool at the Bridge, but the Scousers were saved by Hazard missing a very makeable chance and an injury time shot out of the blue from Sturridge for which Kepa was pretty slow to react. Looking at the Jan 3 game, if we have Aguero and KDB back and we play as we did in the CL 2nd leg last year, I would back us to win that game and win well.

I don’t think they were particularly lucky.

They defended well and were the better side in the 2nd half.

You have to take your chances in these game and we didn’t.
First goal against the run of play... says it all really. Obviously we didn't take our chances but on the balance of play and the middle of the park we were having the better of it, Sarri will tell you himself the result is brilliant for them but he wont get carried away with the performance. It's not often things will go your way like it did for Chelsea when you lose the battle in midfield for the amount of time they did.

I completely disagree with your notion that they were the better team in the second half too, they simply matched us with their new found confidence after going in front, they scored from a set piece, they hardly cut us open and we were the team on the front foot so they had more space to exploit. For very small periods they did have us on the defensive a bit(they spent the majority of the game that way is the irony) but you're probably overcompensating because you aren't used to seeing it, the same head space as the commentary team were in. They deserve plenty of credit but they didn't dominate, they were a bit fortunate and it was an understrength City team against a full strength Chelsea pretty much.

When I say fortunate I mean the difference between a draw and a win for them, I don't think we were good enough for the 3 points as we didn't create as much as we normally do but they didn't create much themselves. We were patiently trying to fashion chances by outsmarting them, they were just trying to get as high up the pitch with the ball as they could in the hopes something would fall their way and it did... there's big difference between those mentalities but I suppose most will say the 3 points is all that matters.

Last edited:
First 45 mins we dominated and unfortunately did not take our chances. But second half we never got going and we looked toothless and lacked a cutting edge. We are really missing KDB's driving runs and energy at the moment and his pending return cannot come quicker enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.