Ake
Gvardiol
Rodri
Bernardo
Alvarez
Foden
Grealish
Haaland

Chelsea have been pretty poor again this season, but still have dangerous players and Stamford Bridge is never an easy place to go to. Expecting a difficult game, but hopefully we’ll have too much for them.
Exactly the team I would pick as well

The usual arrogance and over-confidence on here. Who is our speedy left back able to keep up with Sterling in his current form? We will concede at least two counter-attack goals so I am predicting 2-3.
Oh, 'lionheart'... Never change.

Sterling has been playing on the left anyway.

Just got off a chat with Pep and here's the team for Chelsea?

Ederson
Walker Dias Ake Gvardiol
Bernardo* Rodri
Foden Alvarez Doku
Haaland
*Bernardo to play deeper than usual as he’s the one Pep trusts in that position above Kovacic, Nunes and Kalvin. Some of his mesmerizing attack would be lost but we have more than enough talent to fill in.
*the hard part was choosing between Doku and Grealish but given that Doku was largely rested in midweek and also the danger he poses to opposition defenders, it’s very very hard to leave him out. Though we could then see Grealish playing more centrally.

The usual arrogance and over-confidence on here. Who is our speedy left back able to keep up with Sterling in his current form? We will concede at least two counter-attack goals so I am predicting 2-3.
Gvardiol, the best young defender in the world.
In 2022, Joško recorded a top speed of 34.57 km/h, ranking him the fastest centre back in the Bundesliga. Don't think Sterling is faster than that. He might not look that fast, but he has handled much better players than the likes of Sterling. The point being, he is capable of being fast when challenged.

When we came out of the last international break, and everyone was talking about this tough stretch of games we had coming up, City at home was the one game I had down as guaranteed loss.

I feel optimistic about this game. I think we can do some damage in the counter. If we can somehow stifle your attack long enough to take the lead, we just might have enough to grab a result. We can’t let you settle into a rhythm though.

Stones being out injured changes the dynamics again, just when we were getting into our stride. I would've predicted a comfortable 2/3 goal win margin for us as chelsea are as bad as the rags.

Its back to Walker playing on the wing again, unless Pep decides to play Rico or Akanji in Midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.