Chelsea (A) - Sun 18th Aug, 16:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how people can feel so much less confident with Lewis at fullback when we watched Walker game after game last season getting burned for pace, having brain farts leading to goals, etc., while providing a quarter of what Lewis does for us on the ball in our half and the oppositions.
That’s a bit harsh on Walker. He’s a top player

Even if we lose 5-0 I’m not arsed.

We know full well (and more importantly other teams know) that we always start slow and shite but come February batter every **** in sight.

These days would for example Arteta take being 10 points clear of City at Christmas if offered it now? No fucking chance.

That’s how much Pep has changed the game. All about smashing people in the run in.

So yeah who gives a shit about Chelsea in August haha. Keep your trotters on the deck chair Rodri, Foden, all the main lads.
Didn't we win our first six league games last season..

Looking forward to seeing two flying wingers. Hopefully Savinho will have a blinder.

Not sure what we will get in this game but fancy us to win.

I don't know how people can feel so much less confident with Lewis at fullback when we watched Walker game after game last season getting burned for pace, having brain farts leading to goals, etc., while providing a quarter of what Lewis does for us on the ball in our half and the oppositions.
2 different types of fullbacks but yes, Rico is good enough

Is Rodri injured or just not ready? Came off with what looked like a hamstring in the final but don’t recall hearing anything since

Sterling is one of those players who I really wasn't arsed about leaving when he did, but I kind of sort of miss now. Don't get me wrong, I love Bobb and like what I see from Doku and Savio, but I probably didn't appreciate him enough while he was here, despite how maddening he was at times.

His form dipped quite a bit towards the end with us. I'd have liked him to stay as an option off the bench but he thought he was worth more. Obviously Chelsea don't agree. Doku reminds me of him. Pace to burn but his end product often disappoints.Hopefully that improves.

Ok ok ok I went a bit far in my previous post.

What I meant was our performances at the start of the season mean fuck all as we always turn on the heat after Christmas.

Either way I’m missing the match as am watching the egg chasing in Yorkshireland where Kalvin Philips is considered an elite athlete.

And also yes maybe I have had a couple of half’s of Timmy Taylor’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.