Chelsea (A) - Sun 18th Aug, 16:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd pick that team too but put Akanji at RB and bring in Ake.
That's harsh on Rico but we need to play our best available defensive players.

Ederson

Akanji
Dias
Ake
Gvardiol

Bernardo
Kovacic

Bobb
KDB
Doku

Haaland

3-1 to us.
That's the one for me.

Eddie; Gvardiol, Dias, Akanji, Lewis; Kovacic, De Bruyne, Bernardo; Doku (Grealish if fit), Haaland, Bobb

maresca's chelsea play very gung ho and at times are very open...we'll get our chances for sure it's just a matter of taking them. we also got these half-chances in transition vs the rags but a lot of the time it was falling to o'reilly and i reckon if we have KDB in those spots the story could be very different on sunday...it'll be very tough though and the first time in absolutely ages city play on my birthday so the stakes are high!
I agree, Kevin was only on for 5mins and he showed what we had been missing. On the few times we broke on them, he would have made the right pass.

De Bruyne is different gravy!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240812_211209.jpg
    Screenshot_20240812_211209.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 34
Chelsea are there for the taking. They're not going to abandon their approach of playing out from the back, they're just not showing any signs of being comfortable doing it yet. It was good to see the likes of Dias, Akanji, Bernardo and De Bruyne all come in and get minutes at the weekend. De Bruyne looked like he had that initial pace back.

However, I'd imagine Pep still wants to protect the players and will blood them slowly over the first few games with a view to having them ready to go against West Ham in the third game of the season.

I can see it being the same 11 as started the Community Shield but for Bernardo playing ahead of O'Reilly and De Bruyne coming on for McAtee at some point in the second half.

Ederson
Rico
Dias
Akanji
Gvardiol
Kovacic
Bernie
McAtee
Bobb
Doku
Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.