Chelsea (A) - Sun 18th Aug '24 | Post Match Thread

I wasn’t too far off!

IMG-2615.jpg

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. There is plenty of hard work and ups and downs in a long hard season.
I will say this was the best we have played in the opening game of the season for a long time and at Chelsea as well, Everybody in the media and press had Chelsea winning today and it was the hardest game from the opening games of the new season.

BIG shout out to Bernardo Silva, Player of the match. This lad does not stop running and does what it says on the tin
I think Bernardo can be magic and unplayable, But the hard yards and the donkey stuff and work rate and running for the team is priceless, If he's got a buyout clause of £50 million (crazy) City have to rewrite his contract tonight and put a figure of around £300million, WE CAN NEVER SELL HIM

I thought we looked pretty good against a Chelsea side that look much improved from last season and will take some points off rivals as the season goes on.

Thought Kova and Rico did a splendid job in the middle. No one is Rodri, but it eased a few anxieties I had about depth.

Loads of threat with the front three, and if we can get Doku to make the final decision better we look full of threat. With Grealish and Bobb to come in we have loads of variety and potential.

Kev looks fitter than he did last year, the defence looked pretty on top of things.

I'm mostly happy with the squad as is and I don't think there's many upgrades on the market that actually improve is beyond satisfying some fans who want new toys to play with.

Shocker from Ederson, needs to get his head right. But we have a good number 2 so nothing to worry about.

Surprised myself for how hungry I am for one more title.

Imagine what the media would be saying if Rico was a rag.....
Crazy isn't it!

Rico is so far ahead of Zinedine Mainoo in every department but you wouldn't think it with the media love for the Rags.

Rico has shown time and time again he belongs in the starting 11, I think for the first time Walker really has his work cut out for the RB position this season with Ricos development.

Immensely satisfying start to the season. Second half performance was outstanding in the circumstances.
It being the first day of the season and players coming back from the Euros it was always going to be difficult, The last 30 minutes you can see the positive effect it has having a team that's so possession based like City, We made Chelsea do alot of running in the first 60 minutes and it took it's toll on them and we were in cruise control keeping the ball.

Had to laugh at Kovacic (25m + 5m in potential addons) strolling past (I think it was them) Fernandez (106m) and Caicedo (115m) in the run up to the second goal.
It was said on here a few times including myself, It's hard to believe that they sold Kovacic and brought in Enzo and Caicedo for so much money...

Both not even good enough to clean Kovacic boots.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.