Chelsea (A) - Sun 18th Aug '24 | Post Match Thread

Very tough game, Chelsea away. Savinho was 'lit' (I think that's what the kids say) and a shame he got injured as he was heading my MOTM table up to that point. Best thing was to take him off and rest for a couple of days. Our midfield tended to drop deeper in the 2nd half, by fault or design I can't tell, but some of the interplay around our penalty box and the goal line was toe-curlingly exciting. And to watch Kovacic nick the ball off someone then quickly motor forward to start the counter attack was very pleasing. He was my MOTM at the end.

There's no easy games in the PL but I do fear Ipswich are in for a shellacking.
Lit is indeed what the kids say. I'd say he was extra lit. Another incredible signing from our recruitment team.

To win the first game, away, and doing it while keeping clean sheet, gotta luv that!

Kovacic and Rico were brilliant!

I thought we played okay, it was scrappy at times and i was surprised to see Kev stuck out on the left to start, but we settled down and deserved our win.
I liked our first goal, a good team goal and a great finish by Erling and well happy to see Kovacic cap off a great game with a goal.
The game was strange and they were in it but we kept Palmer quiet and even though they had chances, we, for the most part, controlled the game.

We definitely need to improve, but Savinho was impressive, i like him!
Doku had another good game. He sometimes holds the ball too long and needs to be a bit more greedy when he gets in the box, but he scares the shit out the defence.

I noticed the treatment of Erling is still going unpunished, some of the holding continues to be a joke, but when he gets a chance, he's lethal.
What a great goal today!

That said, Savinho, Erling, Días, but mostly Kovacic, were outstanding.

But Doku, for all his industry and skill, keeps me yelling at the telly don't Bogart that ball, my friend, pass it over to Phil!
I'm I being a tad impatient with the lad?

Great three points away, clean sheet and lovely goals.

Come on!

It was good and bad in spells. We gave the ball away too much during the game but that’s to be expected this early. I thought Dias, Rico, Kova and Bernie were really good. Savinho excellent but gave the ball away a bit much (early days) Doku brave and persistent and his end ball will come. Phil came in to it with 15 mins to go and held the ball well. Erling took his goal well but bloody hell he is manhandled throughout without any protection. Eddie, Josko, Kev and Manuel looked rusty.
Refereeing as frustrating as usual.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.