Chelsea (A) - Sun 18th Aug '24 | Post Match Thread

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. There is plenty of hard work and ups and downs in a long hard season.
I will say this was the best we have played in the opening game of the season for a long time and at Chelsea as well, Everybody in the media and press had Chelsea winning today and it was the hardest game from the opening games of the new season.

BIG shout out to Bernardo Silva, Player of the match. This lad does not stop running and does what it says on the tin
I think Bernardo can be magic and unplayable, But the hard yards and the donkey stuff and work rate and running for the team is priceless, If he's got a buyout clause of £50 million (crazy) City have totally this rewrite his contract tonight and put a figure of around £300million, WE CAN NEVER SELL HIM
All this from a player that for the last 3 seasons has wanted a move

Doku would be the best player in the league if he had an end product ,but he doesn't ,so he's not. Very good final half hour from him and wish he had scored when he beat three players near the end.
Savinho was skillful in beating his man on the right. but when getting to the byline he wanted to cut back onto his left foot. He looks like a left winger to me.
Jack must be cursing the fact he got injured. I thought he would get on today but the more the match went on the better Doku got
We now have an embarrassment of riches on the left wing. It will be interesting to see which player becomes first choice.

It was so satisfying to see a win from a clearly not fit team

Also, I have no ill will towards Palmer, but I thought that performance when he has to be disciplined was very much what we saw at City. I think the press have overhyped a lad who came into a shite Chelsea side with no discipline at all and told to do what he wants. I've no doubt any of our attacking players would be a bright spark playing like that, but you won't win anything playing like that either.

Very tough game, Chelsea away. Savinho was 'lit' (I think that's what the kids say) and a shame he got injured as he was heading my MOTM table up to that point. Best thing was to take him off and rest for a couple of days. Our midfield tended to drop deeper in the 2nd half, by fault or design I can't tell, but some of the interplay around our penalty box and the goal line was toe-curlingly exciting. And to watch Kovacic nick the ball off someone then quickly motor forward to start the counter attack was very pleasing. He was my MOTM at the end.

There's no easy games in the PL but I do fear Ipswich are in for a shellacking.

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. There is plenty of hard work and ups and downs in a long hard season.
I will say this was the best we have played in the opening game of the season for a long time and at Chelsea as well, Everybody in the media and press had Chelsea winning today and it was the hardest game from the opening games of the new season.

BIG shout out to Bernardo Silva, Player of the match. This lad does not stop running and does what it says on the tin
I think Bernardo can be magic and unplayable, But the hard yards and the donkey stuff and work rate and running for the team is priceless, If he's got a buyout clause of £50 million (crazy) City have to rewrite his contract tonight and put a figure of around £300million, WE CAN NEVER SELL HIM
Bernie is magnificent defensively. He can help solve the Rodri missing problem. He can’t leave us. At least he won’t be going to Barca after the way they treated Gundo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.