Chelsea (A) - Sun 18th Aug '24 | Post Match Thread

Surprised to see some saying that Chelsea are likely to finish in the top 4

I saw nothing today to suggest they'll finish any higher than 6th at best

Spurs, United and Villa will all likely finish above them, and there may be a surprise side like Brighton or Newcastle that push for 7th

A squad that size is going to cause allsorts of problems, and the mad thing is I reckon that was there best 11 today

I think Doku was a little bit green at times today - like early in the first half I think he fancied his chances of scoring in the far top corner instead of lobbing the ball to Haarland at the far post and another couple of chances where the wrong decision was made but he is learning. 100% effort and commitment.

The whole team was outstanding from Ederson through to Erling

Considering it was the first game of the season today was in my opinion an superb 100% team performance and we had no weaknesses anywhere on the pitch. I think we are looking the strongest we have ever looked at this point in the season... ever. As well as Kovacic Lewis and the evergreen DeBruyne, Savinho was mega impressive for a debutant. Don't forget our non starters included Stones, Walker, Foden, Bobb, Ake.... plus those I have forgotten* and a plethora of other up and coming youngsters. Premiership - BEWARE we are coming for you with vengeance.

EDIT - *Sorry Jack!

Outstanding lads... well done.
I echo every word - especially your point about us looking better than usual on the opening day.

Ederson - alright

Lewis - amazing
Dias - solid
Akanji - solid
Gvardiol - solid

Kovacic - amazing
Bernardo - great
De Bruyne - solid

Savinho - fun
Haaland - good
Doku - solid

Foden - solid but quiet

Early doors sure, but it is great outcome for so many reasons. I reserve myself to be excited!

So many positives:
- Kovacic. My personal failure has been to say he cant take another step, but it looks for some time now, that he did. A goal or assist from time to time and hes thereabouts WC midfielder,
- Savinho. So silky with the ball! Every blue should take a pleasure of repeating in spare moment around 36:00- 40:00 of the game. What hes done couple of times to Cucurella just out of all people! Cucurella is very good, underrated player,
- Many others, with special mention to Lewis, Bernardo, Haaland (worked his socks off so hard, let alone goal, strength and calmness,
- Doku has world class attributes, but final ball. So far. Its possible its gonna come,
- Not that Peps does not deserve all credit in the world for all achievements anyway, but even today the switch of sides between Savio and Doku quite quickly. Team loves him/respects him regardless of so many years, beautiful. To the some of the match-day brigade: Substitutions. Its more reasonable than it looks fitness/stamina wise,
- Chelsea at the Bridge, first fixture of the season when its common knowledge we unercooked, we lost points there last season. Many will be a bit surprised about Chelsea this season. I dont think they do top4, but 6-7 and maybe final/winning of Conference League should be perceived as a very good season. Maresca will do good. But need time. They have some quality players. Main problem looks to be their owners,

Do not be fooled. Its a great start to the season. This year we even beat United to the ChS playing some youngsters

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.