Chelsea (A) - Sun 18th Aug '24 | Post Match Thread

One noticeable after Pep said he said the players would decide if he extends by whether they continued to run for him.

You see Kev sprinting back on defense with 2-0 lead in extra time. Then you see Pep's reaction with him postgame.

Doku tracking back in ways he didn't last year and had a couple key interventions. Think the reason Pep didn't go to Jack was because Jeremy was still running at people in the last 30 mins. I know the end product is not what we want but his ability to be an outlet is really important. People forget he is only just 22.

These guys aren't satisfied and that's a huge credit to them. Feeling more confident Pep could be staying.

Is it just me, or does Erling look like he's built up some more muscle mass in the gym? Love the way he takes no shit from anyone.

I read or heard somewhere in the week that Alfie had him chopping trees down in his back garden back home during the holidays.

Might have been a joke, can’t even remember who said it now. But I agree he looked a bit bulkier.

I might be wrong but it felt like we played like Peps second season here? The way Pep said he wanted Doku and Savio to go down the by line, its the same as Sterling and Sane did drive down the line, Doku and Savinho also stayed wide as well. Same as Sane and Sterling did.

The Chelsea player knew he’d fucked up, so he did what they’d been doing all game, diving & trying to con the ref.
Looks like they’ve all been doing sniper training
just watched the highlights, you're right never seen a team spend so much time on the deck either trying to win and free kick or pen or when they've messed up and go down in order to stop the play.

I might be wrong but it felt like we played like Peps second season here? The way Pep said he wanted Doku and Savio to go down the by line, its the same as Sterling and Sane did drive down the line, Doku and Savinho also stayed wide as well. Same as Sane and Sterling did.
Spot on.

I always felt that Pep allows players to play themselves into good form by working with them in training and keeping them on the pitch in games even if tgey are struggling (like Sterling years ago).

It's hard when you think a player is suffering but it's a sink or swim an imo it's the best way.

I know Doku had great moment but he also had tough moments. But he wasn't tinkered with by Pep. Another manager could have tried to fix something which is fair enough. But I think Pep realises that to win a season in the end the players themselves need to learn to solve their problems on the pitch. That way late in the season they aren't reliant on the manager still.

I was delighted to hear Pep say that he was happy that Doku and Savio switched. This is the way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.