Chelsea (A) - Sun 18th Aug '24 | Post Match Thread

Rico motm for me. Kovacic good too.

Will watch it again though to see what Bernardo did. Probably the hard graft that goes unnoticed.

Savinho looks really exciting in that first half. Glad the injury is nothing serious.

Brilliant performance.

Obviously, we were not at our best, but the quality of the team was far superior to our opponents, at least as a collective.

Rico was my MotM, but there were several excellent displays, including Mateo, Savinho,Jérémy and Rúben.

Erling took his goal brilliantly and Kova's was outstanding, though Sánchez should probably have saved it. It was a fantastic strike, after a great run.

Apart from a w0-minute spell in the second half, we pretty much controlled the game, and though the possession stats were fairly equal, most of Chelsea's was in their own half; a long way from danger.

On that showing, Pep can introduce the five players involved in the semifinals and final of the Euros gradually. There is no need to rush them back.

I can’t wait for Saturday, and seeing the boys at Etihad.
Excellent summary mate! Rico my MotM as well....Bernie was good but Rico and Kovacic were different class today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.