Chelsea (A) - Sun 18th Aug '24 | Post Match Thread

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. There is plenty of hard work and ups and downs in a long hard season.
I will say this was the best we have played in the opening game of the season for a long time and at Chelsea as well, Everybody in the media and press had Chelsea winning today and it was the hardest game from the opening games of the new season.

BIG shout out to Bernardo Silva, Player of the match. This lad does not stop running and does what it says on the tin
I think Bernardo can be magic and unplayable, But the hard yards and the donkey stuff and work rate and running for the team is priceless, If he's got a buyout clause of £50 million (crazy) City have to rewrite his contract tonight and put a figure of around £300million, WE CAN NEVER SELL HIM
He wants to go back to Iberia. However, Barca can’t afford him, Real don’t appear to want him, others will be waiting for his contract to end.
I think he is one of those players that others tend to under rate like Oakes and Gaz Baz, unless you actually play with him or see him week in week out. Every blue and his team mates know he is priceless.

Pep just shut the game down at half time.

Could get to like this Kovacic guy who drives at defences. Similar to assist for Jack’s goal pre-season.
Kova has always been a good player. We have benefitted from Chelsea’s bonkers market strategy.. Now settled into the Pep way, he will be a rock this season. When people were moaning at the purchases this time last year, I was surprised people did not seem to rate Kova. Ok, he’s older than is ideal but he has vast experience, perfect alongside some youngsters coming in.

One noticeable after Pep said he said the players would decide if he extends by whether they continued to run for him.

You see Kev sprinting back on defense with 2-0 lead in extra time. Then you see Pep's reaction with him postgame.

Doku tracking back in ways he didn't last year and had a couple key interventions. Think the reason Pep didn't go to Jack was because Jeremy was still running at people in the last 30 mins. I know the end product is not what we want but his ability to be an outlet is really important. People forget he is only just 22.

These guys aren't satisfied and that's a huge credit to them. Feeling more confident Pep could be staying.
The hunger, the passion, the commitment, the professionalism were all there in abundance. A proper City performance. All those pundits and other clubs who assumed we would drop off after four in a row need to think again. We want five.

Great result I’d have took a draw at the start, a good time to play Chelsea who seem to be trying to play Pep ball, whether this players can do it only time will tell, I think they will improve and take points off our rivals. Thought Lewis was outstanding and good debut for Savinho he seemed to ghost past players. If Doku could practice his crossing that would be a bonus, I wanted him to play on the right but his final ball was very good, much improved when he went on the left. Just win another 37 and we might be in with a shout.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.