Chelsea (A) - Sun 18th Aug '24 | Post Match Thread

I thought it was a good game and we thoroughly deserved the win. We don't know yet but Chelsea could get their act together as the season goes on, so it's great to get that result on the opening day and avoid a potentially tougher fixture later in the season.
Yep. Strong performance from the boys.and I do think Chelsea will improve.

A big shout out to Taylor for giving us fook all.
Prick thinks he can make up his own rules as he thinks he’s the most high profile ref in the league

Clearly he went into that game with the idea he was gonna leave his cards in his pocket despite there being about half a dozen nailed on bookings for Chelsea players … if he had actually applied the rules of the game

Prick thinks he can make up his own rules as he thinks he’s the most high profile ref in the league

Clearly he went into that game with the idea he was gonna leave his cards in his pocket despite there being about half a dozen nailed on bookings for Chelsea players … if he had actually applied the rules of the game
He could have given Chelsea two penalties and waited to see if VAR overruled him.
They weren't pens, but VAR doesn't always overrule the ref.
Other than that his refusal to book several Chelsea players but book Haaland was a disgrace.

Kovacic goal gave me flashbacks of Lampard against these lot in 2014, and Touré against the rags in the 2010 FA Cup Semi.

Thought Ruben had a great game, so did Kova considering how tough that position is. Savinho looks like a cracker, really reminds me of Mahrez but with pace, obviously some of his passing wasn't exactly on point yet but that will come.

Thought Doku had a typical Doku game, brilliant at times and then useless at others. Really needs to start working on becoming a little more reliable now, unpredictability is good but we need some predictability at times from him as well.

I thought Chelsea looked much better than last time we played them at preseason, their pressing was pretty good and i think Palmer coming back really changed things. He really is a class player.

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. There is plenty of hard work and ups and downs in a long hard season.
I will say this was the best we have played in the opening game of the season for a long time and at Chelsea as well, Everybody in the media and press had Chelsea winning today and it was the hardest game from the opening games of the new season.

BIG shout out to Bernardo Silva, Player of the match. This lad does not stop running and does what it says on the tin
I think Bernardo can be magic and unplayable, But the hard yards and the donkey stuff and work rate and running for the team is priceless, If he's got a buyout clause of £50 million (crazy) City have to rewrite his contract tonight and put a figure of around £300million, WE CAN NEVER SELL HIM
We should start doing clauses like that for everyone tbh. If Barça can, we can. We've got a lot more class in our squad and the buyout clauses should reflect that.

Great win, and the most evident thing was how strong the team ethos and identity was.

good games all over the pitch.

Great win, and the most evident thing was how strong the team ethos and identity was.

good games all over the pitch.

The bench looked very strong and that’s with Rodri not even near the squad with Cancelo and Phillips surplus to requirements not in the match day squad. We all have me included been bemoaning the lack of incomings, do we need much more with Pep promoting from the youth team? I think we will probably see potentially another couple incomings and that will set us up for the season ahead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.