Chelsea (A) - Sun 18th Aug '24 | Post Match Thread

Kova has always been a good player. We have benefitted from Chelsea’s bonkers market strategy.. Now settled into the Pep way, he will be a rock this season. When people were moaning at the purchases this time last year, I was surprised people did not seem to rate Kova. Ok, he’s older than is ideal but he has vast experience, perfect alongside some youngsters coming in.
A very good pro.....similar but different to Gundo, the type you need round the club.

Here’s a question for you which is what I’ve thought about a fair bit. Obviously the way doku plays is very different to grealish.

So does Pep think playing them 2 together will upset the balance. For example you can play doku and savinho or you play grealish and silva because of their styles /strengths.

Not sure if having wingers with completely different styles is conjucive to a winning / pep team
Jack for retaining possession and control in european style games.

Pep just shut the game down at half time.

Could get to like this Kovacic guy who drives at defences. Similar to assist for Jack’s goal pre-season.

Pep just shut the game down at half time.

Could get to like this Kovacic guy who drives at defences. Similar to assist for Jack’s goal pre-season.
Shrewd tactics by Pep.

We were largely in control of the game, didn't need to chase it or over extend ourselves.

Chavs were gasping through their arses on 70 minutes chasing our possession.

He'll do it again to conserve our energy.

Great result I’d have took a draw at the start, a good time to play Chelsea who seem to be trying to play Pep ball, whether this players can do it only time will tell, I think they will improve and take points off our rivals. Thought Lewis was outstanding and good debut for Savinho he seemed to ghost past players. If Doku could practice his crossing that would be a bonus, I wanted him to play on the right but his final ball was very good, much improved when he went on the left. Just win another 37 and we might be in with a shout.
The excellent Lewis has surely played himself into the RB slot, so much more comfortable on the ball than Willie Twirler

Rodri? Pfft; who needs him?
Rodri? Pfft; who needs him?
Thought we'd struggle to win without him, even at HT we looked like we'd concede but Mateo really came to the fore and stamped his personality in the second half.
Very pleasing indeed
Big shout out to Rico, and Savinho well what can you say..? He totally belongs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.