Chelsea (A) - Sun 18th Aug '24 | Post Match Thread

Well played City. Some great performances & if KDB & Haaland had taken all their chances it could have been 4 or 5 nil.
Kovacic brilliant, Rico very good as was Savinho. The defence looked solid.
Grealish, Stones, Walker and Rodri to return and no midweek games for a bit. A near perfect start.

Prick thinks he can make up his own rules as he thinks he’s the most high profile ref in the league

Clearly he went into that game with the idea he was gonna leave his cards in his pocket despite there being about half a dozen nailed on bookings for Chelsea players … if he had actually applied the rules of the game

The worst booking of the lot was the one on Haaland

Just watching it back, Fernandes was on his backside at every opportunity, he didn't really get anything from alty boy but I'm always annoyed with decent players trying to cheat rather than using their skill to influence games.

Just watching it back, Fernandes was on his backside at every opportunity, he didn't really get anything from alty boy but I'm always annoyed with decent players trying to cheat rather than using their skill to influence games.
how bout shit players cos im not sure fernandes falls into the decent player category.

Great win with key players missing. Savio looked electric. Rico was absolutely superb again. Kovacic deputised well for Rodri. 2 points gained on last season already.

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. There is plenty of hard work and ups and downs in a long hard season.
I will say this was the best we have played in the opening game of the season for a long time and at Chelsea as well, Everybody in the media and press had Chelsea winning today and it was the hardest game from the opening games of the new season.

BIG shout out to Bernardo Silva, Player of the match. This lad does not stop running and does what it says on the tin
I think Bernardo can be magic and unplayable, But the hard yards and the donkey stuff and work rate and running for the team is priceless, If he's got a buyout clause of £50 million (crazy) City have to rewrite his contract tonight and put a figure of around £300million, WE CAN NEVER SELL HIM

That clause has expired already

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.