Chelsea (A) - Thu 5th Jan, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we have to see some changes after such a disappointing performance against Everton.

The Football Manager nerd in me would like to see a tweak to the formation to accommodate Alvarez, but doubt that will happen.

It’s pie in the sky, of course, but feel like a 3-4-1-2 might actually suit us at the moment, especially away from home. We’d be solid defensively, but potent on the counter:

Ederson

Ake
Stones
Akanji

Cancelo
Rodri
Gundogan
Walker

De Bruyne

Alvarez
Haaland

Obviously we’ll stick to the usual formation though, but hopefully with some changes to the personnel. Maybe something like this?

Ederson

Walker
Stones
Ake
Cancelo

Rodri
Gundogan
De Bruyne

Bernardo
Foden
Haaland

We have won two league titles since Silva and Vinny finished, mate.

As I state, we are not at 98pts level this season, but certainly good enough to still attain ten points less than that incredible total.

Our midfield has not aged since, as Dave and Fern were middle thirties.

Rodri and the legs of Bernie more than keep us younger. Wasn't Kev also missing for that particular season and Bernie filled the void?

The leadership aspect I do agree with, but Ruben, Bernie, Haaland and Kev offer it in different ways.

I'd say we need a big win against a big opponent right at this moment, just to gather some momentum.

That, and a couple of back to back clean sheets!!
Now the games are coming thick and fast I see us putting a right good sequence together no squad is better equipped than ours for the demands of football every 4 days. As teams tire later in season we get stronger.

Think we have to see some changes after such a disappointing performance against Everton.

The Football Manager nerd in me would like to see a tweak to the formation to accommodate Alvarez, but doubt that will happen.

It’s pie in the sky, of course, but feel like a 3-4-1-2 might actually suit us at the moment, especially away from home. We’d be solid defensively, but potent on the counter:

Ederson

Ake
Stones
Akanji

Cancelo
Rodri
Gundogan
Walker

De Bruyne

Alvarez
Haaland

Obviously we’ll stick to the usual formation though, but hopefully with some changes to the personnel. Maybe something like this?

Ederson

Walker
Stones
Ake
Cancelo

Rodri
Gundogan
De Bruyne

Bernardo
Foden
Haaland
I'd also be happy to see foden now take role silva use to play a bit more legs and a,ball carrier in a midfield would also help grealish or alvarez as a wide left forward.

There haven't been a lot of great performances so far this season, but our next three league games are Chelsea A, Rags A, Spurs H. We're about to find out what we're made of, but if we come out of that with 9 points, I expect there will be a lot more belief here and more pressure within the Arsenal dressing room. That's until we lose at home to Wolves, obviously!

Time for a few of the players to step up and them all to remember that Haaland was supposed to add to the goals, not be the only source of them.
Haaland's attitude to scoring is unbelievable..BUT it changes everything we were good at..playing unbelievable patterns..drawing defenders out..lovely slide rule ball to the by line...cut back to one of four or five runners from deep = more goals less VAR.Haaland was always going to score BUT probabl
Y not add more goals, likely reduce our tally. I said wgen we gothimi doubt we will score more goals as a team

Haaland's attitude to scoring is unbelievable..BUT it changes everything we were good at..playing unbelievable patterns..drawing defenders out..lovely slide rule ball to the by line...cut back to one of four or five runners from deep = more goals less VAR.Haaland was always going to score BUT probabl
Y not add more goals, likely reduce our tally. I said wgen we gothimi doubt we will score more goals as a team

Well we have played 16 games in the league and have 44 goals…

Last season after 16 games we had 33 goals. So we are scoring more now, quite a few more in fact. So I’m not sure where you’re getting that idea from.

We are only actually 2 points behind where we were after 16 games last year

So we’re pretty much on par with what we were doing last year at this stage, just a couple of points less but more goals

The only difference last season is there wasn’t a front runner like Arsenal.

People need to stop pissing their pants. We’ve had a couple of results that should’ve been wins but we did last season too and we ended up winning the league. There’s absolutely no reason why we can’t chase Arsenal down.

Like I said, we’re pretty much where we were after 16 games last season, so now we just need to put a good run together, which we will, I’m sure.

After their shit show at forest today its a big game for them now. Still fancy us to come away with 3 points. CTID

Pep apparently said a few players are not showing the right attitude. Now it’s from the mail so hence the word apparently. We always see stories like this when we are not winning every game so make of it what you will. It would explain the lack of subs and some players not getting on the pitch. Maybe the boss is reiterating his position after the new contract, bit of tough love. Should see a change in attitude when the players return. Looking at Phil, Cancelo, Phillips, Bernie etc.

No wonder he is playing Mahrez and Jack. Sort them out baldy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.