Chelsea (A) - Thu 5th Jan, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mahrez and Grealish must play. Anyone who is being difficult for whatever reason does not deserve to play until their attitude improves.
I would rather drop points than have players not putting in a shift with the right mindset. Don’t cave in pep. Let them watch from side and yap.

Only those players that want to play for city deserve the shirt. The rest can feck off.

Folks I have a candid question and please pardon my ignorance:

Is it a tactical taboo to have Foden, Haaland and Alvarez in the same starting line up?
I feel like pep thinks this is sacrificing too much control. Maybe it has something to do with the balance of the rest of the team and the full back situation too. Personally I agree that is our strongest front 3 but I'm really trying to understand peps lofic

Key game this. A win could really revitalise us. A loss and morale could slump.

It's alright stomping and screaming for him, him & him to start but its all about game management chaps. Games coming thick and fast - a game every 3/4 days more or less in Jan. Undone by a wonder goal on Saturday, trust Pep on this one, he knows his best 11

I feel like pep thinks this is sacrificing too much control. Maybe it has something to do with the balance of the rest of the team and the full back situation too. Personally I agree that is our strongest front 3 but I'm really trying to understand peps lofic
It sounds like our strongest front three on paper, but I don't think we've seen it enough to comment one way or another with any certainty. And I do suspect that front three could get caught in the end-to-end thrillers Pep is trying to stop.

I personally quite like the idea of the 4-2-3-1 with Alvarez playing just off Haaland's shoulder, and Grealish and Foden playing behind Haaland in the front, but we are into football manager territory there and would sacrifice Kev and potentially Bernie to do it.

Huge run of difficult games and cup ties coming up, time to start the season properly. We could go on a run that puts pressure on Arsenal, or we could be out of it. Defensively we have to be better, and that starts with more intensity up top. Foden, Haaland and Alvarez the front three to make this happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.