Chelsea (A) - Thu 5th Jan, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We haven’t played the same line up that destroyed United. I find that really bizarre. It was by far our best performance
Forest full 90 mins we were mint, played this team and never played it since:

E246D9FA-59FD-4C95-860A-8CD7B6D9B236.jpeg

Bizarre stuff from Pep not playing line-ups that have proved our best, most exciting and highest scoring performances of the season to date.

Against Forest and in the first half against United, that was as close as I’ve seen to the 2017-18 performance levels.

Yet he’s played our slowest and most boring side on a number of occasions instead, where, even in wins, we’ve struggled.

We are so far behind Arsenal now that we can’t afford to be resting players and playing a weakened team in the Prem, we need to go on a good run of wins. We can change the side in the EFL and FA Cups.

View attachment 65024

Bizarre stuff from Pep not playing line-ups that have proved our best, most exciting and highest scoring performances of the season to date.

Against Forest and in the first half against United, that was as close as I’ve seen to the 2017-18 performance levels.

Yet he’s played our slowest and most boring side on a number of occasions instead, where, even in wins, we’ve struggled.

We are so far behind Arsenal now that we can’t afford to be resting players and playing a weakened team in the Prem, we need to go on a good run of wins. We can change the side in the EFL and FA Cups.
To be fair to him, Forest are shite, Walker has been injured, and Kev remains our most dangerous player even if we do rely on him a bit too much so you can see why he hasn't opted for that particular team again.

View attachment 65024

Interesting. I'd forgotten that that was the line-up. You see, there's some would argue that that midfield's too slow. But the fact is that when you have speed like that up front, and from your overlapping full backs, you don't need a midfield that's particularly fast. You've got speed to burn elsewhere on the pitch. You just need two holding midfielders who are accurate with their passing and show vision. Bernardo can pass the ball a bit too.
Of course it's become something of a taboo to leave Kev out. Personally, if I could have that team again just for two or three matches, to see how it went, I wouldn't think twice about it.
Isn't Rúben still injured, though?

Ederson

Walker stones Ake

Phillips rodri Silva

Alvarez KDB foden

Haaland

Rodri to drop into back 4

Peps team

Whoever has been on the laughing gas:-)

View attachment 65024

Not a huge fan of cancelo as a defender but we don’t have a left fullback who can over lap and is good at defending so it is what it is. Ake or Laporte if fit comes in for Dias.

Good team that.

Interesting. I'd forgotten that that was the line-up. You see, there's some would argue that that midfield's too slow. But the fact is that when you have speed like that up front, and from your overlapping full backs, you don't need a midfield that's particularly fast. You've got speed to burn elsewhere on the pitch. You just need two holding midfielders who are accurate with their passing and show vision. Bernardo can pass the ball a bit too.
Of course it's become something of a taboo to leave Kev out. Personally, if I could have that team again just for two or three matches, to see how it went, I wouldn't think twice about it.
Isn't Rúben still injured, though?
Plus there was constant interchange of positions and play with Foden Alvarez and Bernardo. None of this fixed to the wings on one side all the time, easier to defend against, with Grealish and Mahrez.

We don’t have to keep leaving Kev out, he just doesn’t have to play every week. He looked shagged and shit the other day after an hour yet he stayed on the entire game.

We know we can manage without de Bruyne, we played the majority of the 2018-19 season without him and went on that great run of 18 wins in 19 games in 2020-21 mostly without him.

We should use him better than we are. Make sure he’s fresh for the biggest games when we do need him.

Yes I think Dias is out for two more weeks.

Ake akanji stones back 3
Lewis inverted rightfullback
With cancello left
Bernardo rodri mid
Kdb att mid
Haaland and alvarez up top
A back three takes away an attacking midfielder and therefore we have less creativity.

The back three should just come when Rodri drops deep into the back two when needed, but not often.

We have been at our best over the years as a 2-3-5 formation. We need to create and score more not defend more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.