Chelsea (A) - Thu 5th Jan, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping for a good win tomorrow

We have not been great this Season.

It is not all on the Players, team, either.

Too many games where Pep has failed to act in real time to what we fans see developing on the Pitch. Once Alvarez, and Foden, were brought on against Everton, Everton were then clinging on for dear life. Trouble was 86 minutes, at that time barring a miracle the game is done. We were screaming for those Subs at half time as it was obvious to every fan in the ground other than Pep it wasn't working.

I get it........ he feels he is never wrong. He has a supreme belief that everything he does is right. The reality is it isn't though. He has to stop sitting there with the mentality i picked that first 11,you will win together, or lose together and that is that.

We rarely lose games because our team is really good. The games we do lose though there is always a common denominator where Pep picks the first 11 and system, and he will point blank sit it out refuse to fundamentally change things making defeat almost inevitable.

I would like to see him make better use of our Subs in these type of games and have a plan B,act earlier when Plan A is not working.

I will scream if he starts both Grealish/Mahrez tomorrow on the flanks refusing to accept it is not working.

KDB is being questioned in other threads where Bluemooners are taking the view that his powers are on the wane. Can't see it myself. Him, Foden, and Walker should be in the 1st 11 every time. I hope we see all 3 on Thursday.

Chelsea fans are very unhappy at how things have gone since Potter arrived and I don't think they fancy their chances for this one. Many unhappy with Sterling and Koulybali. Let's hope it stays that way.

By far the worst thing about this forum the last few years is that every time KDB has a bad game it's 'he's past it, drop him'. Nobody is ever correct when they say this and they never learn.

Too many games where Pep has failed to act in real time to what we fans see developing on the Pitch. Once Alvarez, and Foden, were brought on against Everton, Everton were then clinging on for dear life. Trouble was 86 minutes, at that time barring a miracle the game is done. We were screaming for those Subs at half time as it was obvious to every fan in the ground other than Pep it wasn't working.

I get it........ he feels he is never wrong. He has a supreme belief that everything he does is right. The reality is it isn't though. He has to stop sitting there with the mentality i picked that first 11,you will win together, or lose together and that is that.

We rarely lose games because our team is really good. The games we do lose though there is always a common denominator where Pep picks the first 11 and system, and he will point blank sit it out refuse to fundamentally change things making defeat almost inevitable.

I would like to see him make better use of our Subs in these type of games and have a plan B,act earlier when Plan A is not working.

I will scream if he starts both Grealish/Mahrez tomorrow on the flanks refusing to accept it is not working.
I'm going tomorrow and if we see Grealish and Mahrez on that starting 11 team sheet at Chelsea, you'll hear the collective groan from the City fans who are there back at the Etihad!

Arsenal draw last night was huge. Win this and we're 5 points behind with two games against Arsenal (a team we have a great record against and are stylistically predisposed to do well against). Win this and I'm back to thinking we're probably more likely to win the league than not.

I keep coming back to how bad we were at the start of the season when Gundogan carried us to the title. Dropped points 7 times in the first 12 games, then went on a long winning run after many fans had written off our chances. This season we've only dropped points 5 times in the first 18 - we're doing significantly better, and it only really looks worse than it is because Arsenal have been nearly perfect.

I think we'll be fine. We'd certainly all feel much better about our chances if Everton had lined up with anyone other than Demarai 'score two wondergoals a season and do nothing else' Gray.

Momentum is massive in football & we seem to of been held up at various times this season, the worst being the disallowed goal at anfield, which turned a win into a defeat. Had we won that game I believe the momentum built would’ve seen us sat at the top, instead we have stuttered in a few very winnable games, what I do like is we always respond to a negative result, now is the time to go on one of our runs, test their mettle, going off last nights antics from Lego head, they are only one bad result away from cracking up, but we need at least 4pts from the next 2 games, 6 would be brilliant, it’s doable but won’t be easy

I think you might be screaming mate

Completely agree. Foden has to start. Need to start the game quickly on the front foot and get an early goal. Would like to see Pep go back to what works best and stop persisting with Grealish and Mahrez. I’ll throw my Chelsea ticket in a puddle if they both start. Hopefully this the start of a winning run and really put Arsenal under pressure before we play them in Feb.

My lineup:

——————Ederson
Walker-Stones-Ake-Cancelo
——————-Rodri
—De Bruyne—-Gundogan
Bernardo————-——Foden
——————Haaland

I'm going tomorrow and if we see Grealish and Mahrez on that starting 11 team sheet at Chelsea, you'll hear the collective groan from the City fans who are there back at the Etihad!
I can see it being the same starting eleven again, stubborn Pep won't want to give in to what the fans want to see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.