Chelsea (A) - Thu 5th Jan, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping for a good win tomorrow

We have not been great this Season.

It is not all on the Players, team, either.

Too many games where Pep has failed to act in real time to what we fans see developing on the Pitch. Once Alvarez, and Foden, were brought on against Everton, Everton were then clinging on for dear life. Trouble was 86 minutes, at that time barring a miracle the game is done. We were screaming for those Subs at half time as it was obvious to every fan in the ground other than Pep it wasn't working.

I get it........ he feels he is never wrong. He has a supreme belief that everything he does is right. The reality is it isn't though. He has to stop sitting there with the mentality i picked that first 11,you will win together, or lose together and that is that.

We rarely lose games because our team is really good. The games we do lose though there is always a common denominator where Pep picks the first 11 and system, and he will point blank sit it out refuse to fundamentally change things making defeat almost inevitable.

I would like to see him make better use of our Subs in these type of games and have a plan B,act earlier when Plan A is not working.

I will scream if he starts both Grealish/Mahrez tomorrow on the flanks refusing to accept it is not working.
Spot on. Another example was the Liverpool game. It was such a strange system/team picked where we looked so uncomfortable and isolated and it was never changed

Ederson
Lewis
Stones
Ake
Cancelo
Bernardo
Rodri
Grealish
Foden
Alvarez
Haaland

Hoping for a good win tomorrow

We have not been great this Season.

It is not all on the Players, team, either.

Too many games where Pep has failed to act in real time to what we fans see developing on the Pitch. Once Alvarez, and Foden, were brought on against Everton, Everton were then clinging on for dear life. Trouble was 86 minutes, at that time barring a miracle the game is done. We were screaming for those Subs at half time as it was obvious to every fan in the ground other than Pep it wasn't working.

I get it........ he feels he is never wrong. He has a supreme belief that everything he does is right. The reality is it isn't though. He has to stop sitting there with the mentality i picked that first 11,you will win together, or lose together and that is that.

We rarely lose games because our team is really good. The games we do lose though there is always a common denominator where Pep picks the first 11 and system, and he will point blank sit it out refuse to fundamentally change things making defeat almost inevitable.

I would like to see him make better use of our Subs in these type of games and have a plan B,act earlier when Plan A is not working.

I will scream if he starts both Grealish/Mahrez tomorrow on the flanks refusing to accept it is not working.

I get the frustration with Pep, but fans don't remember the games where we were drawing, he didn't change things and we then won. I don't think he's stubborn, I think he has faith in what he sees and that, if we play how he expects us to, we'll win. When he's not seeing us create chances or control the game in the manner he wants he'll change things. There's definitely an argument he should have made changes sooner against Everton but I wonder whether part of his delay was due to him putting Alvarez on for Cancelo and us then losing. Maybe he was concerned about the balance this time and didn't want us to go too gung-ho and lose? We'll never know.

In any case, our points tally so far would take us to about 86pts which isn't far off title winning form in most seasons pre-Pep. So we don't need to improve too much going forwards. But we do need to play a lot better, as we've rarely been convincing and hopefully Pep recognises that, settles the side and gives them a kicking.

Stopped predicting a line-up other than Ederson in goal for a PL-game.

Any 11 is good enough to win this one. Chelsea doesn’t seem to have improved a lot under Potter. Or improved at all.
I’d rather we play the better teams then Everton park the bus kinda. Awful and very hard to beat.

A win would grow our confidence in to what is a very tough fixturelist up until the very end.

Any 11 is good enough to win this one. Chelsea doesn’t seem to have improved a lot under Potter. Or improved at all.
I’d rather we play the better teams then Everton park the bus kinda. Awful and very hard to beat.

Yeah, if the players show up then any properly-constructed XI could beat Chelsea. The trouble is deciding which players can be trusted to show up. At the moment it's not many of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.