Chelsea away (half price)

sput the wonder pig said:
Partington_blue said:
Utd away sold out at 10,000 last season.

I bet 99% of people who have enough points would buy a ticket for that game, if they were going or not.. Them tickets went on Sale in February last year.

Its pretty much 1000 points if you renew your season ticket on Platinum, plus the 3 cup schemes. Add that onto the 14 away games this year including Everton and that's another 560 points for Platinum holders. So, some people can gain 1500 points on this season alone.

With the above I'm not surprised at all it sold out at 11,000 points. However id love to know how many tickets actually went on sale to Supporters with enough points. Id guess at 1500 with the rest frittered away to other sources. But of course no one at the club would dare to give the figures out as there would be uproar.

That £200 package up the Thames is a joke. That will be 50 tickets straight away.
why is it a joke ??? im on it with 5 blues... all st holders for donkeys years and had enough points before I joined the commonwealth ???

Me and my mate will be joining you on this, Only way we where getting to see this game and will be a new experience...

Didsbury Dave said:
squirtyflower said:
Didsbury Dave said:
There's not a cat in hell's chance city will have 550 corporate at this. I would guess 50 or maybe 100 at a push. In my experience we've only ever taken one coach on these corporate aways, although I haven't done one for a while. My understanding is It's for Chelsea fans too.

Corporate customers pay a lot of money to the club and in many cases have done for many many years. You can't just jump in both feet and say that season ticket holders should be ahead in the pecking order.
I'm not denying corporate put a lot of money into the club, but so do others and for many years too
Without the customary biggest blue jibes please, I have been buying five season cards in CB1 since our move there, and five at Maine Road since 98.
I've had two/three season tickets since 1974 so don't lecture me about how long they've done it for.
My outlay last year for tickets, travel and accommodation came to over £10,000 so I do think I've earns the right to have an opinion
I could be 'an I'm alright Jack ' as my tickets arrived this morning having bought them at 9.02 on Monday morning, however I do feel sympathy for those who, rightly, thought this would go down to below 10,000 points

Cue 'you're the biggest blue' bullshit now from some posters

I'm not trying to lecture you mate.

I'm just trying to preempt the usual 'the plastic prawn sandwich brigade got all of our tickets' outrage which we invariably get in these situations. Usually these are based on heresay and little fact, as In this case when someone mentioned 550 tickets, without having anything approaching the full facts.
In this case they did. Whats new though? Corporate=big business, they always shit on the ordinary person.

We've decided to spend the money saved with the half price tickets on a 3 coarse lunch for £27 head at the fantastic restaurant called Quilon which is a Michelin starred Indian restaurant directly outside St James pk tube station,about 20 mins or so from Fulham Broadway
Better than canapés and talking bollocks with nobheads on a tugboat

Been Chelsea twice before, both in the lower tier, and although like Arsenal with the tourist brigade out in force, its been decent!

In the Upper this year, for SUCH a BIG game, surely it wont be like a mothers meeting up there?

Exeter Blue I am here said:
Tim of the Oak said:
Chappie said:
This is the biggest match of the season.
Selling out at 11000 points this season is the equivilant of 10000 last year.
It started at 13000 for Chelsea,but remember that includes anyone up to 18000 points.
Supporters having that many points are sure to have purchased a ticket,so if there are 1500/2000 in that group it dosnt leave many over,add in your supporters clubs and corporate,rightly or wrongly and they will soon sell 3000 tickets

Supporters Club Allocations have been halved for Chelski so that isn't the issue. The top of the table glamour clash will be the main factor, along with increased numbers of tickets for corporates and players and staff.

Supporters Club allocations didn't get halved, they got absolutely butchered. I was amazed to miss out on 10900 points, but I'll blag one somehow. I fully expect the City end to be full of overseas tourists, as per Arsenal.

It's an old gripe now but one I will no doubt continue to air regularly but I've had to curtail my away trips in recent years so my points total ain't great but having never been without a season ticket since 1972 and having traveled to many a shitty little ground over the years, it really does piss me off not to have enough loyalty points to get a ticket for this game.

Questy said:
Partington_blue said:
Utd away sold out at 10,000 last season.

I bet 99% of people who have enough points would buy a ticket for that game, if they were going or not.. Them tickets went on Sale in February last year.

Its pretty much 1000 points if you renew your season ticket on Platinum, plus the 3 cup schemes. Add that onto the 14 away games this year including Everton and that's another 560 points for Platinum holders. So, some people can gain 1500 points on this season alone.

With the above I'm not surprised at all it sold out at 11,000 points. However id love to know how many tickets actually went on sale to Supporters with enough points. Id guess at 1500 with the rest frittered away to other sources. But of course no one at the club would dare to give the figures out as there would be uproar.

That £200 package up the Thames is a joke. That will be 50 tickets straight away.
why is it a joke ??? im on it with 5 blues... all st holders for donkeys years and had enough points before I joined the commonwealth ???

Me and my mate will be joining you on this, Only way we where getting to see this game and will be a new experience...
Yeah I got on it too.
It is dear, but with 2 hours on a boat with a complimentary bar it will almost pay for itself.
There's 160 on the boat - including Brian Marwood. Looking forward to his views on FFP and what treats we have to look forward to.

trotsky said:
Questy said:

Yeah I got on it too.
It is dear, but with 2 hours on a boat with a complimentary bar it will almost pay for itself.
There's 160 on the boat - including Brian Marwood. Looking forward to his views on FFP and what treats we have to look forward to.

Fucking hell, you mean even Marwood couldn't get a ticket through normal channels? Desperate times...

lancs blue said:
trotsky said:
Questy said:
Yeah I got on it too.

Fucking hell, you mean even Marwood couldn't get a ticket through normal channels? Desperate times...
they still haven't forgiven him for buying Sinclair

trotsky said:
Questy said:

Yeah I got on it too.

I'm sure it will be a good day out. The irony of it is that City make the tickets half price because of the cost and then syphon off a couple of hundred to sell on as a corporate experience for a couple of hundred pounds, somewhere that can't be right !

Bluebee2 said:
trotsky said:
Questy said:
Yeah I got on it too.

I'm sure it will be a good day out. The irony of it is that City make the tickets half price because of the cost and then syphon off a couple of hundred to sell on as a corporate experience for a couple of hundred pounds, somewhere that can't be right !

I think the Club are trying hard to sell more corporate season tickets (in future). They are making it clear that there are big benefits to being corporate e.g. Priority for top away games.

Blues on the boat might be getting a "time share" type sales pitch!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.