Chelsea away - Pre match discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The key will be to catch Chelsea high up the pitch. I think they will start quickly and then re-assess their options and hold ship for long periods of the game, but they'll be quick to pounce on us being overly aggressive.

They will likely play 4-2-3-1 which means we need to bypass the front 6 (including Ramires) and get at Mikel and the heart of the back 4.

For that I feel Yaya, Silva and Aguero have to be free to go which means we need an extra body back, whether it be Jimmy or Demichelis.

The LB needs much better cover whoever plays this game.

Oscar has to be stifled and the two widemen have to be encouraged into no man's land, forcing them to turn over the ball.

I think the high line could be effective as I believe they will want to keep coming inside eventually so even if they break behind if we cover the gap between the defence and midfield we should see out the threat. I think we need to squeeze their front 4 back towards Mikel. If Ramires is making 30/40 yard bursting runs then we're not doing well as there's too much space allowed and the game's too open. We need to push the ball back to their defense, force them to make the error (hopefully Luiz plays) and pounce quickly and take our chances, we absolutely cannot be wasteful or have a slack period, because Jose will hold his troops till we take our foot off the gas and then before you know what's hit us Chelsea will be swarming at us.

has any one watched willian play for them.....heard hes got pace ....in that case jose may use him in wings against zaba or kolerov

neel said:
has any one watched willian play for them.....heard hes got pace ....in that case jose may use him in wings against zaba or kolerov

Debut game, scores a wonder goal, does have a bit of pace and not afraid to shoot,

black mamba said:
Davs 19 said:
We own them. A comfortable City win.

That 'owning' is another thing that makes me feel uncomfortable !
Too true. The cynic in me tells me that Chelsea are due a performance against us.

I'll take a draw before kick off but a win would be brilliant, of course.

waspish said:
____________Hart_____________

_Mica_Kompany_Nastic_clichy_

_______Milner_Fernan________

___________Yaya_____________

am liking this. Weak point being our left back position. Seriously need to look at that, but the rest looks very good. Am avin Milner there all day long :)

__Silva___Aguero___Negrado__

Castiel said:
jayrea said:
I am going to the game with my 15 year old son. Are there any pubs/ eating places anyone on here would recommend in the vicinity. We will be travelling from Victoria to Fulham Broadway.

There is no shortage of places to eat and drink on Fulham Broadway. It's rumoured that we have the most pubs within a mile radius of the ground of any team in the league. Most pubs on Kings Road are away fan friendly with mixed support. The Imperial on Kings road will be full of Chelsea fans though and probably best avoided. You might have to look around a bit price wise as we are talking about Fulham. If in doubt just ask around, especially taxi drivers. Don't listen to the police when it comes to places to drink, they give terrible advice. You'll probably be able to spot City fans when you get there and be able to follow them to the congregation points without issue. I'd avoid places right outside the ground because they get ridiculously crowded though.

CITYBOY1000 said:
I think we beat them 5 times if you include the post-season US tour.

Chelsea are a better team now and will fancy this one and that might work to our advantage as they come on to us and we hit on the break.

'Fat' Frank ain't so fat. Never seen him with a decent 'pot' and no idea where that nickname comes from.

It's going to be our toughest game of the season. 1 point will be very acceptable and 3 would be superb.

To be fair, in the post-season we played half a youth team and you went full strength for some reason. They were still entertaining games though. You've had our goat in competitive games for the last few years, time to fix that!

How do you think Mourinho will approach it Castiel? A draw isn't a bad result for either side, if City lose away at Chelsea it isn't the end of the world, but a City win would be a big blow for Chelsea. Do you think Mourinho will be cautious as at old Trafford? Or will he go for the win and risk the defeat?

Unless we click and put on one stellar performance inspired by a few leaders out there on the pitch, I can´t see us getting anything from this as Mou will use every trick in the book to wind up his players and the crowd whilst intimidating both us and the officials. He´s a master at this and Pellers is too naive and lightweight imo to deal with it.
Sincerely hope I´m proved wrong coz Mou is overdue a bloody nose on his own patch

Chris in London said:
Castiel said:
jayrea said:
I am going to the game with my 15 year old son. Are there any pubs/ eating places anyone on here would recommend in the vicinity. We will be travelling from Victoria to Fulham Broadway.

There is no shortage of places to eat and drink on Fulham Broadway. It's rumoured that we have the most pubs within a mile radius of the ground of any team in the league. Most pubs on Kings Road are away fan friendly with mixed support. The Imperial on Kings road will be full of Chelsea fans though and probably best avoided. You might have to look around a bit price wise as we are talking about Fulham. If in doubt just ask around, especially taxi drivers. Don't listen to the police when it comes to places to drink, they give terrible advice. You'll probably be able to spot City fans when you get there and be able to follow them to the congregation points without issue. I'd avoid places right outside the ground because they get ridiculously crowded though.

CITYBOY1000 said:
I think we beat them 5 times if you include the post-season US tour.

Chelsea are a better team now and will fancy this one and that might work to our advantage as they come on to us and we hit on the break.

'Fat' Frank ain't so fat. Never seen him with a decent 'pot' and no idea where that nickname comes from.

It's going to be our toughest game of the season. 1 point will be very acceptable and 3 would be superb.

To be fair, in the post-season we played half a youth team and you went full strength for some reason. They were still entertaining games though. You've had our goat in competitive games for the last few years, time to fix that!

How do you think Mourinho will approach it Castiel? A draw isn't a bad result for either side, if City lose away at Chelsea it isn't the end of the world, but a City win would be a big blow for Chelsea. Do you think Mourinho will be cautious as at old Trafford? Or will he go for the win and risk the defeat?

We all know Mourinho's style. His teams never take the initiative in big games. He wants to let the opponents make the odd mistake. While Pellegrini thinks the other way around. Always go out for a win and play as sclose to the system everyone in the squad knows. He did that at Villareal, Real and Malaga and it means he accepts defeat when he thinks the squad are still trying to get to know his way of playing football.
Last season games won't say a lot. Both teams are stronger. Mourinho will play a few tricks as he always does in big games. Our players need to play 90 plus minutes totaly concentrated and with our style of play we can nick a win. It might even depend on details in the end as both teams are very even imo. The last two away wins must have done the confidence a lot of good.

Mourinho will set up defensively he always does in big games(apart from the 5-0 stuffing Barcelona gave his team) also he knows setting defensively against our style of play will still give Chelsea 4/5 great chances to score! For me we need to score at Least 3 goals to win...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.