Chelsea away - Pre match discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
CITYBOY1000 said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
Played them 3 times last season and outplayed them everytime 2 wins and a draw down there go for the throat and they, ll shit it there ageing defence and fat frank in midfield won, t be able to keep tabs on out attacking players movement!!

I think we beat them 5 times if you include the post-season US tour.

Chelsea are a better team now and will fancy this one and that might work to our advantage as they come on to us and we hit on the break.

'Fat' Frank ain't so fat. Never seen him with a decent 'pot' and no idea where that nickname comes from.

It's going to be our toughest game of the season. 1 point will be very acceptable and 3 would be superb.

-- Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:35 pm --

CITYBOY1000 said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
Played them 3 times last season and outplayed them everytime 2 wins and a draw down there go for the throat and they, ll shit it there ageing defence and fat frank in midfield won, t be able to keep tabs on out attacking players movement!!

Chelsea are a better team now and will fancy this one and that might work to our advantage as they come on to us and we hit on the break.

'Fat' Frank ain't so fat. Never seen him with a decent 'pot' and no idea where that nickname comes from.

It's going to be our toughest game of the season. 1 point will be very acceptable and 3 would be superb.

Toughest in the Prem of course. Munich was and will be the toughest.

Doh !

I don, t see why we should fear play the high line and press them high up the pitch we, ve got better players than them and should, nt fear them!

Stoned Rose said:
Lets be realistic these are a bloody good team with some very very good players.

Id go 451 to control the midfield. If we do our usual 442 with 2 in 'proper' midfield these will bum us all over the show. We need to swarm like fuck all over the likes of Mata, Oscar and Hazard and not let them get a sniff.

Hart
Richards
Kompany
Nastasic
Clichy
Fernandinho
Toure
Milner
Silva
Nasri
Aguero.

Fern and Miler to do the dirty/mithering/tracking type work. Yaya, Silva and Nasri to run the attacking phase of midfield.

Bring the Beast and Navas on lateish if we need a goal.

Or if we're 4 or 5 nil up ;-)

I see Lawro's has backed us to win.... Away! If Vinny is back, which I hope he will be !
Aguero and Negredo are creating a fantastic partnership, just as I'd hoped, Aguero can't stop scoring, and if both play, then they will be a real handful for Chelsea!
Fernandinho is also growing in stature, allowing Yaya to be more incisive, he's put some killer balls thru in the last few games

I am going to the game with my 15 year old son. Are there any pubs/ eating places anyone on here would recommend in the vicinity. We will be travelling from Victoria to Fulham Broadway.

____________Hart_____________

_Mica_Kompany_Nastic_clichy_

_______Milner_Fernan________

___________Yaya_____________

__Silva___Aguero___Negrado__

jayrea said:
I am going to the game with my 15 year old son. Are there any pubs/ eating places anyone on here would recommend in the vicinity. We will be travelling from Victoria to Fulham Broadway.

There is no shortage of places to eat and drink on Fulham Broadway. It's rumoured that we have the most pubs within a mile radius of the ground of any team in the league. Most pubs on Kings Road are away fan friendly with mixed support. The Imperial on Kings road will be full of Chelsea fans though and probably best avoided. You might have to look around a bit price wise as we are talking about Fulham. If in doubt just ask around, especially taxi drivers. Don't listen to the police when it comes to places to drink, they give terrible advice. You'll probably be able to spot City fans when you get there and be able to follow them to the congregation points without issue. I'd avoid places right outside the ground because they get ridiculously crowded though.

CITYBOY1000 said:

To be fair, in the post-season we played half a youth team and you went full strength for some reason. They were still entertaining games though. You've had our goat in competitive games for the last few years, time to fix that!

Castiel said:
jayrea said:

There is no shortage of places to eat and drink on Fulham Broadway. It's rumoured that we have the most pubs within a mile radius of the ground of any team in the league. Most pubs on Kings Road are away fan friendly with mixed support. The Imperial on Kings road will be full of Chelsea fans though and probably best avoided. You might have to look around a bit price wise as we are talking about Fulham. If in doubt just ask around, especially taxi drivers. Don't listen to the police when it comes to places to drink, they give terrible advice. You'll probably be able to spot City fans when you get there and be able to follow them to the congregation points without issue. I'd avoid places right outside the ground because they get ridiculously crowded though.

CITYBOY1000 said:

To be fair, in the post-season we played half a youth team and you went full strength for some reason. They were still entertaining games though. You've had our goat in competitive games for the last few years, time to fix that!

Good to have you aboard , Castiel

Some useful tips .. and some banter that you rashly put down in print !!

Should be a crackin' game if both teams are up for it...
We'll meet again on Sunday night , no doubt. !
I

Dont think we can afford to play both Nasri & Silva together in this one. Need to be pretty solid and not go too gung ho from the start.

AK would start for me, as Clichy seems to have lost a bit of confidence in recent weeks, Can't leave Negredo out either, his ability to hold the ball up will prove invaluable when it comes to giving our defence a breather and delaying the quick counter-attacking style that Mourinho prefers

Hart

Richards
Nasty
Komps
Kolorov

Fernandinho

Milner
Yaya
Silva
Aguero

Negredo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.