Chelsea away - Pre match discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
celticfc482 said:
Just me who thinks demichelis could start?
I've said it in this thread I want him to start, people who are saying he shouldn't start this game probably thought Nas shouldn't have started against Madrid in a Champions League game and look haw he's turned out.

If people don't want Garcia and MP isn't putting Micah at CB then Demichelis should get his debut against Chelsea. He is fulling fit now and a veteran, more than capable to play this game.

celticfc482 said:
Just me who thinks demichelis could start?
No, it's definitely a possibility. I, personally, would much rather see Demichelis over Garcia at CB.

Can't agree with Demichelis at centre back over Garcia and I'll be surprised if Pellegrini does. First game back from injury, in a new team, in a new league.. That game probably shouldn't be away against Chelsea, lead by Mourinho.. Granted, not the perfect game for Garcia, but he is at least up to speed, has a couple of away games under his belt already and a few at centre half this season. He's the obvious choice.

I am torn on Demichelis. Given that Demichelis is an actual CB, I would prefer to see him on the field to see what has to offer. However, he is not match fit and has not played at match speed for some time. With any player coming back from serious injury, it is usually best to manage their minutes. But, do CB's need to be weened in as much as midfielders? I don't know...my prediction is that Garcia gets the start, and we might see Demichelis subbed in at some point.

adrianr said:
Can't agree with Demichelis at centre back over Garcia and I'll be surprised if Pellegrini does. First game back from injury, in a new team, in a new league.. That game probably shouldn't be away against Chelsea, lead by Mourinho.. Granted, not the perfect game for Garcia, but he is at least up to speed, has a couple of away games under his belt already and a few at centre half this season. He's the obvious choice.
Isn't saying Garcia up to speed a contradiction in terms? Demachalis all day long for me, and I say that having never seen the guy play!

I'd like Demichellis to play. Have a hunch he will turn out very well for us.

I would like (injuries/suspension allowing) him, Vinnie and Nasty to be our core centre-backs this season.

Then Richards, Lescott & Boyata.

Then Garcia...if we're really,really stuck.

We mustn't lose this game. But I think we'll win well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.