Chelsea away - Pre match discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the defensive end of our game not looking very sharp and Torres looking like he's getting in form I'd like to see a mid field 5 to physically battle and bully chelsea's mid field.

Hope our RB and LB would put in an overall decent performance.

If we could win this that would be awesome, a win away to a big rival and three away wins on the bounce. Kompany and Demichelis are back for this, right? Having two CBs back will make things much better.

I'd take a draw in a heart beat, I'd be tempted to drop Kolarov despite his brilliant form recently and bring in Clichy as he'll be better against Mata, Hazard, Schurle or Will I an's out to in runs. I'd also play Milner instead of Navas.

You're good at attacking, we're good at counter-attacking. Has the potential to be an end to end thriller. I don't think either side will keep a clean sheet.

Davs 19 said:
We've owned them lately. 3-1 City.

Sorry cas ;.)
No I agree. Hate playing City. Seems since the Terry/Bridge thing City has had some curse over us. I'd rather play Bayern or Barca tbh. Just got to hope this is the year we break the hoodoo. But you've looked very vulnerable to counters lately and Mourinho has really sharpened our countering game.

Castiel said:
Davs 19 said:

Sorry cas ;.)
No I agree. Hate playing City. Seems since the Terry/Bridge thing City has had some curse over us. I'd rather play Bayern or Barca tbh. Just got to hope this is the year we break the hoodoo. But you've looked very vulnerable to counters lately and Mourinho has really sharpened our countering game.
Hopefully we score a early goal so you have to come at us.

Castiel said:
Davs 19 said:

Sorry cas ;.)

This is a big worry for us, especially on the left side of our defence where we seem perenially weak.

Normally Clichy would play in this type of match, as he is generally much better defensively against players such as Schurrle, Hazard, Mata, Oscar, Willian etc, but he is in such poor form I wonder if Pellegrini will risk him.

Be fascinated to know what MP thinks Chelsea's weaknesses are.

Obviously a big strength for us is the Negredo-Aguero (Negüero?) partnership. Those two are really developing an effective understanding and possess very complementary characteristics, they really should be able to worry any defence with their mix of pace, movement, strength, skill, vision, aerial ability and finishing.

That said though, as many on here have said playing two up front is a compromise that causes us real defensive problems (I'm less worried about being dominated in midfield against Chelsea than I would be against Arsenal or Bayern, but more worried about the potential for counter attacks). This will continue to be a problem until our team defence and pressing is adequate (will it ever be?) at which point the formation should be less important from a defensive perspective.

I worry about the defence in this one a bit but we are on a 3 match winning run and playing well so should compete.

Nasri back in for Navas and maybe play Milner for Negredo but what do I know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.